- This position/role exists to supervise, train, and lead a group of employees (mechanics, planners, & storeroom personnel etc.) to meet internal customers maintenance requirements for strategically grouped production equipment belongs to a single large department, and/or a group of individual departments, facilities maintenance, and maintenance or auxiliary/production support equipment.
- Key responsibilities include supervising, training, and assessing and developing maintenance department personnel skills to meet departmental objectives and productivity goals; planning, prioritizing, and executing day to day maintenance work assignments; assessing short term and long term needs (people, processes, and capital) for their area of responsibility and developing and planning short term and long terms solutions and processes to meet the needs, implementing preventative and predictive maintenance procedure and processes.
- Productivity goals for their area of responsibility and are met by ensuring proper equipment care/maintenance, parts availability and by planning, directing, and supervising day to day work through an engaged and skilled maintenance staff
- Safety goals are met by following defined safety procedures, encourage involvement, following up on safety concerns and implementing solutions, and training and leading team to follow safe behaviors
- Provide leadership and training to maintain a highly engaged workforce in the department. This includes listening and responding to employee issues, taking decisive actions, recognizing excellent performance, and holding employees accountable for undesirable behaviors
- Effectively communicate both up and down the organization on key issues and across all shifts (i.e. attending daily pass-down meetings, performance processes one-on-ones, work schedules, monthly departmental KPMs updates, planning meetings etc.)
- Train maintenance department workforce to meet plant policies and other applicable regulatory rules and polices.
Knowledge and Experience
- College degree in engineering strongly preferred
- 2-4 years of engineering experience or supervisory experience in fast paced manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to lead cross functional teams, strategic planning, and conflict management experience
- Highly skilled problem solver of manufacturing machinery and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of process improvement tools (Lean, Six-Sigma, 5S, and other discipline) preferred
- Read, and analyze charts, work-orders, production schedules, and other records of reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current maintenance repair estimates and outputs
- Experienced in developing training programs for Industrial Maintenance Mechanics highly preferred
- Develop and interpret various problem solving techniques/methods (TCC/ Trouble Cause Correction)
- Able to organize, planning, and prioritizing work and communicate and update all stake holders internal or external