Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
The position is responsible for the development and deployment of fleet-wide construction standards and processes for power plant capital projects and overhauls within Energy Supply. The position will primarily be responsible the direct supervision, leadership and management of construction and overhaul supervision assigned to multiple small modification projects, or large individual projects, mid-range modification projects and plant overhauls. Individual project costs may range up to $500 million. The position will provide on-site construction and overhaul oversight or direct supervision, as required.
- Responsible, through management and contract supervision, for overall construction optimization of resources and the direction provided to E&C construction projects and overhauls.
- Ensure potential contractors and suppliers are qualified to perform construction work in accordance with accepted Energy Supply standards and processes.
- Negotiate capital equipment purchases and construction contracts.
- Accountabilities include timely and satisfactory completion of construction projects and overhauls and assuring performance objectives are achieved for safety, quality, schedule and cost. Initiates and coordinates (with site and contractor safety personnel)safety audits, as appropriate.
- Directs or oversees field construction and overhaul activities including; job site safety, traffic patterns, lay down areas, security, labor utilization, construction scheduling, material receipt process, site fabrication, QA and QC measures, change control, cost control, construction logs and construction reporting.
- Perform in-depth project constructability assessments and reviews as required.
- Establish effective internal and external relationships with contractors, craft labor union representatives, suppliers, plant management and staff, and the building trade council representatives.
- Develop and maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge of construction and overhaul techniques and technologies. Review and evaluate Energy Supply construction and overhaul performance against industry standards, as required.
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction Management, or an equivalent degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- At least twelve (12) years of power plant construction, design, engineering, operations or maintenance experience, with a minimum of eight (8) years primarily focused on power plant construction and five (5) years in construction management is also required.
- A registered professional engineering license by examination is beneficial.
- Also, demonstrated leadership capabilities and proven performance on major projects.
- Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment and references will be required.
- Extended job assignments and travel between regions may be required.
- Must demonstrate a strong belief and knowledge of construction loss prevention and safety policies.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Operations || 31115:ES Construction Services || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18721
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]