Where others see barriers, we see
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communications solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government.
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide expensive satellite coverage of all of the world's seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams.
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Lead the design and implementation
of facility infrastructure for SES teleports, gate ways, datacenters and
offices according to SES todays and future global needs which required
innovative scalable concepts. The role involves both engineering and project
management through all stages in close cooperation with other SES departments
and external stakeholders, such as SES customers or architects and engineers.
This also includes financial management and full budget responsibility.
- Design, specify and implement facility infrastructure solutions in particular civil, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and life safety fire systems
- Develop and implement within the Global Facility Infrastructure team innovative scalable concepts for various business needs of SES Core, SES Network and SES Video entities
- Provide comprehensive project management tasks as lead for in- and external teams to implement project with focus on scope, quality, schedule and costs
- Liaise with internal and external customers as well as outside vendors, building & zoning authorities
- Ensure adequate and proportionate involvement of SES vendor management services according to internal policies
- Prepare statements of work and specifications for infrastructure equipment delivery and implementation such as generators, UPS, power switchboards, HVAC, fire detection and suppression systems. The selected systems and equipment should be optimized for first cost and total cost of ownership to provide reduced operating costs and carbon footprint
- Support due diligence activities for site acquisitions & divestitures including obtaining environmental site assessments, interpreting findings and developing recommendations
- Perform final inspections, testing & start-up final acceptance plans and open items lists
- Ensure data consistency of as-build documentations to reflect current configurations and concepts to support the field sites
- Perform final inspections and acceptance tests, track open items lists, finalize and close project before handover to SES Operations
- Provide 2nd hand operations support to SES Operations and/or give advises on request
- Leadership and coordination skills in project management
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Very good intercultural communication skills
- Good negotiations skills with commercial and analytical abilities
- Ability to work independently to resolve issues in timely manner and bring to final completion
- Creative thought processes and problem solving skills
- A recognized Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering degree (BS/MS or similar)
- Extensive field experience overseeing building construction activities, EHS projects, HVAC and Power system replacements
- Computer literate with all Microsoft Office programs
- Experienced in use of AutoCAD to produce and edit infrastructure drawings
- Course training and certification in OSHA compliance
We Offer You
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A comprehensive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.