Location(s): MN - Welch
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Provides leadership and direction to the maintenance organization which includes mechanical, electrical, instrument and controls, support and facilities. This includes organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling the conduct of maintenance, Fix-It-Now team, maintenance planning, maintenance process support, and contractor management. Also responsible for reinforcing safe work practices, oversight of respective training programs, and control of department budgets. Periodically fills in for Plant Manager.
- Organize, direct, coordinate and control the conduct of maintenance during performance of maintenance and modification activities.
- Provide the Senior Management Team input on the resources and skills needed to accomplish Maintenance activities. This includes the use of plant personnel and/or contracted labor of services.
- Reinforce safe working practices per the nuclear Fleet-Wide Pocket Safety Guide.
- Act as chairperson for the Maintenance Training Advisory Committee meetings.
- Ensure overall material condition and housekeeping of plant areas.
- Supports the ongoing operations of the fleet and is jointly accountable with fleet personnel for the fleet meeting its excellence plan.
- Review and approve all budget and authorization forms prepared by individual groups within maintenance and monitor projects under his/her responsibility with respect to authorized expenditure levels.
- High School diploma and at least 2 years post secondary education or degree in Engineering or other technical areas.
- Must meet ANSI (American National Standard) N18.1-1971.
- Twelve years responsible maintenance related experience, 10 years of which has been spent in positions in nuclear power.
- Knowledge of power plant systems and equipment/apparatuses.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated effective leadership experience.
- SRO licenses is desired.
ERO requirement, remaining Monti/PI positions:
Must live within 90 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires continuity in your new role for 24 months. During that time, you will not be eligible to apply for or request to be moved to any other job at the Company until the continuity timeframe has been met, unless otherwise approved by senior leadership.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Welch || MN - Welch || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45630:FT PI Plant Management || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 14375
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]