Location(s): MN - Minneapolis; MN - Monticello; MN - Welch
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Manage Nuclear Supply Chain materials engineering function including procurement engineering, compliance to the Quality Assurance Topical Report (QATR), and Nuclear specific processes and procedures. Prioritize and implement tasks necessary to deliver quality related materials and services to the nuclear plant sites. Support strategic sourcing activities, coordinate and manage site Procurement Engineering and related resources. Responsible for implementation and compliance of the Nuclear Supply Chain Interface Agreement. Responsible for coordinating and ensuring the lowest total cost supply base and sourcing competitiveness throughout the sourcing process for the site.
- Safety: Provide visible safety leadership and drive continuous improvements to achieve desired safety goals. Develop strategies to achieve safety plan results. Oversee and develop safety leaders to ensure a safety conscious work environment. Contribute to site safety performance improvement.
- Program/Process Management: ensure that consistent procurement, receipt, inventory management, discrepancy resolution processes are in place and properly administered in compliance with all regulations and policies. Identify, develop, implement and monitor opportunities for process improvement and value creation initiatives. Overall responsibility for the management of the Nuclear Corrective Action Program Management of Change process compliance.
- Nuclear Compliance: Ensure Supply Chain adheres to the Nuclear Interface Agreement through the development and implementation of standardized policies, programs, processes, and practices that that meet Xcel’s commitments to the QATR and NQA-1 standards. Responsible for ensuring the governance is aligned to industry top performance.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain effective internal relationships. Utilize critical thinking and analytical skills to advocate and influence decision making. Serve as liaison with the Nuclear Industry in the Supply Chain functional area
- Regulatory & Compliance: Manage and guide the execution and documentation of work in accordance with Company policies and procedures, labor agreements, and regulatory standards. Identify and ensure resolution of site differences in standards and work practices. Responsible for validating established standards are being met by providing oversight and establishing improvement strategies & tactics when gaps in performance are identified.
- Talent Management: Establish workforce/development planning practices to build strong, competitive teams and effectively manage performance and drive engagement. Select, optimize, plan and direct the workforce used to provide safe, reliable, compliant operations, and ensure stakeholder satisfaction. Serve as primary contact for issue resolution involving labor relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from ABET accredited curriculum (or recognized equivalency).
- 6 yrs experience in Nuclear Procurement Engineering may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Minimum 8 yrs experience in purchasing, engineering or materials management.
- 4 yrs experience in nuclear plant operations.
- 5 yrs leadership experience.
- Effective verbal communication and writing skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills including presentations to senior station management and external organizations.
- Certified Purchasing Manager or MBA.
- Knowledge of 10CFR50 Appendix B quality assurance requirements including applicable guidelines and ANSI standards.
- Reactor Operator License or Certification.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; MN - Monticello; MN - Welch || United States (US) || Operations || 45419:FT Nuclear Supply Chain || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18160
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]