Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Provide management of the nuclear plant physical security program. Manage nuclear security force including establishment of performance goals, objective and key performance indicators, staffing requirements and related activities. Coordinate with peer security managers to perform defensive strategy evaluations, provide regulatory and licensing interface, conduct industry benchmarking activities and manage shared resources. Coordinate with offsite local, county, state, and federal agencies to ensure the security program is meeting regulatory requirements and is integrated in each agency's program as needed.
- The Nuclear Security Manager will be assigned one of the following disciplines as a primary responsibility through a periodic rotation:
1) Site Security Operations - onsite management of site physical security program, site improvement plans, staffing plans, CAP program performance, security equipment in work management systems and procedure implementation; or
2) Security Programs - Provides oversight over the Security programs, policies, and processes for the fleet to ensure established standards are being met. Anticipate and plan for new and revised NRC security requirements. or
3) Corporate Functional Area (CFAM) - Directs, develops, and prioritizes improvement items for the Security area and develops a schedule for implementation of these items. Reviews Peer Group Initiatives for cost-benefit, process efficiency, and process effectiveness
- Establishment of performance goals, objective and key performance indicators, staffing requirements and related activities
- Supports the ongoing operations of the fleet and is jointly accountable with fleet personnel for the fleet meeting its excellence plan.
- Budget development, implementation and adherence.
- Oversee the NRC Inspection and self-assessment activities to ensure regulatory compliance for nuclear Security.
- Proven experience in the management of a security organization within a diverse environment.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable codes and standards related to the security requirements for a nuclear power plant.
- Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school in security, engineering or other technical area, or equivalent experience, and a minimum of 7 years work experience in the nuclear security industry required.
- An additional 3 years of nuclear security supervisory experience is also required. One (1) year of training in commercial nuclear environment is preferred.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires continuity in your new role for 24 months. During that time, you will not be eligible to apply for or request to be moved to any other job at the Company until the continuity timeframe has been met, unless otherwise approved by senior leadership.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45417:FT Nuclear Security || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16361
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]