EMT International is a technology driven, engineering focused, manufacturing company that designs and builds advanced technologies to market leaders such as Hewlett Packard, Canon, Xerox and the world's largest label company CCL industries. In 2010, we opened a new manufacturing facility in Hobart, Wisconsin. We expanded again in 2017, by acquiring Rototcontrol, a producer of label-finishing systems located in Linau, Germany.
At EMT, our team is proud of what we do and who we are! We offer competitive wages, a full benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, STD and LTD insurance as well as tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) option. Visit us at www.emtinternational.com.
EMT International, Inc
Position Title: Engineering Manager
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Supervises: Mechanical Engineers and Electrical Engineers
A world class manufacturer of finishing equipment and web transports for the digital/ink jet market is seeking a highly motivated Engineering Manager to lead the mechanical and electrical engineering teams to commercialize and continuously improve with a focus on analysis, design, detailing of manufacturing drawings, and software development for robust products. Responsible for design throughput, adherence to and development of standards, engineering processes, and resource development. Plans, organizes, and directs the deployment of resources to production and product development projects and assures on time performance of production projects.
Commitment to EMT Values and 24 Habits:
Team member commits and agrees to demonstrate our core values of Passion, Accountability, Customer Service and Teamwork; as well as our 24 Habits – The EMT International Way, which describe who we are and how will we work while at EMT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead the product release and continuous improvement process in every stage of the process.
· Lead the improvement of quality output of designs, prints, and software
Lead the processes to control parts detailing for function and manufacturability.
· Provide technical support and problem-solving for sales, service, manufacturing, and engineering.
· Support quoting activities for new business
· Travel to customer sites to receive feedback on EMT products or to troubleshoot issues as-needed.
· Collaborate with departments to ensure EMT products are profitable and manufacturable
· Accountable to complete projects in accordance with deadlines.
· Proactively recommend Continuous Improvement.
· Maintain knowledge of technology upgrades, industry trends, and engineering resources.
· Support the development and improvement of design processes to improve product time to market and consistency in methods resulting in a product that meets market expectations
· Assess demands for Mechanical Design Engineering and develop plans for implementation of projects and jobs
Assure adherence to programming and design standards
· Demonstrate the working manager principle by actively concepting or designing and analyzing machines and mechanisms collaborating with members of staff
· Select, maintain and evaluate qualified personnel in positions within section.
· Identify training needs, initiate development of subordinates, and recommend effective personnel action.
· Schedule, project plan and effectively utilize engineering resources
· Support mission, vision, and goals of the Engineering Department
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
· Demonstrated ability to acquire knowledge.
· Demonstrated ability of project ownership and completion.
· Ability to provide honest, concise verbal and written communication.
· Creative, out-of-the-box thinking.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skill.
· Passion for learning/intellectual curiosity/inquisitiveness.
· Team-player and can-do attitude.
Demonstrated management style that encourages innovation and effective controls solutions while providing discipline on project schedule and deadlines
Demonstrates well-developed leadership skills.
Ability to teach and train others.
Required Experience, Education and Training:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering is required (related degrees may be considered).
· 5+ years in a machine design, manufacturing, or similar experience is highly preferred
o Applicable experience with printing equipment, web handling and processing machinery, packaging machinery, or machine tools is a plus.
· 4+ years of experience supervising or managing people is required.
· OEM experience is highly preferred.
· Web-handling experience (unwind, rewind, tension control) is a plus.
· Automation/Motion Control/PLC experience is preferred.
· 3D CAD proficiency is required (Autodesk Inventor and Solidworks are preferred).
· In-field startup or troubleshooting experience is a plus.
· A combination of education and experience will be considered.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.