OTTO DesignWorks LLC
Job Description: Manufacturing Engineer, Contract
Founded by bike lovers and product innovators, the OTTO DesignWorks team has a simple mission to create and deliver purposeful products for cycling and outdoor markets. The company’s passion is commercializing clever solutions to unmet needs - and providing an amazing customer service experience.
This Position Reports To:
The position reports to Director of Manufacturing and Operations
Leads and supports development and refinement of key OTTO manufacturing processes – including band materials, critical components, final assembly and QA.
· Primary focal to address and improve manufacturing process steps.
· Must ensure all equipment used to manufacture products is in optimal working condition.
· Responsible to maintain equipment parameters and track performance of key operations.
· Work with equipment manufacturers to ensure all maintenance parameters are followed in accordance with machine design requirements.
· Create data logs and SPC charts on key process parameters.
· Work with Design Engineering to transfer new products seamlessly to the manufacturing floor.
· Responsible to make and maintain tooling, fixtures, and assembly aids as deemed appropriate.
· Manage spares material use in maintaining equipment availability.
· Assist in the generation of work instructions and time standards.
· Responsible for quality levels and recording/process at key inspection points throughout the manufacturing process.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
· Passionate, proactive, self-starting entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to be jack-of-all-trades to service accounts and market at a high level in order to build the OTTO Brand.
· Must have a strong understanding of mechanical principles, including metal forming, plastic forming, and thermal transfer.
· Should understand casting principles, injection molding techniques, small part extrusion, and fastening techniques.
· Demonstrated ability to work with others to train and teach in the correct techniques needed to build a high quality product.
· Demonstrated strong work ethic, organization skills and attention to detail.
· Must be able to work in fast paced and often changing work environment.
· Should have a working knowledge of Solid Works CAD software or equivalent.
· Must be able to read and interpret design drawings, and convert to work instructions.
· Must be able to assess root causes in operation processes and through collaboration, introduce corrective actions.
· Should have cursory knowledge of time & motion studies.
· Must have intermediate understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and line balancing.
· Ability to effectively work in a small team environment with occasional overlapping areas of responsibility.
· Strong, clear written and oral communications skills. Proficient in MS Office suite.
· Ability to make decisions with limited information to best resolve business scenarios.
· Ability to grow personally with business growth.
Education & Experience
· 3-5 years’ experience as Manufacturing, Process or Mechanical Engineer.
· BS in Engineering or equivalent from an accredited University.
Position is a contractor with objective to hire as business scales. Part time up to 40hrs/week. Working conditions include flexible and occasional extended hours in specific periods to service customers and production. Position is hands-on requiring occasional lifting and very good manual dexterity.
Interested candidates should send resume to [email protected]