Job Title: Technical Sales Engineer
Location: Wilsonville, OR (Remote Position)
Department: Sales & Business Development
Job Type: Regular
DWFritz Automation, founded in 1973, has experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years and continues to grow! Since its inception, DWFritz has been producing brilliant automation solutions for our clients. Today, the market demand for automation combined with our world-class practices and cutting-edge technology places DWFritz on a trajectory to becoming a leading provider in the field of automation.
One thing that hasn’t changed at DWFritz is our focus on our core values, such as “Collaborate and Share the Credit,” a value that is deeply engrained in how we work together both in our US and China facilities. Our core value “Find a Better Way” promotes innovation and openness to doing things differently. It’s also the reason we have a company supported incubator program and an in-house lab.
Our World Headquarters operates from a modern, state-of-the-art facility located in Wilsonville, Oregon. Our employees enjoy standing desks, a recreation room, a fitness room, and a hearty oatmeal breakfast to start each day. Our spacious lunch room is the venue for weekly All Staff meetings and our frequent “Lunch and Learns.
DWFritz is a wonderful place to work, with unique opportunities to participate in dynamic teams, a strong sense of culture and values, and a growing company. If you are considering a new opportunity we encourage you to check us out.
Your Sales & Business Development Team at DWFritz
The Sales & Business Development teams are at the heart of growth at DWFritz. These highly-skilled teams work face-to-face with clients through concept development to produce engineered to order machines. Each member of the Sales & Business Development teams are relentlessly dedicated to wowing the client and ensuring that DWFritz produces state of the art machines. This extremely competitive field requires the best attitudes, the most flexibility and the highest level of customer service. These teams are responsible for providing brilliant solutions for our world-class customers.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical support to the Account Executives at key stages of the sales process and to author formal technical proposals for new custom automation projects to help close new business.
- Support Account Executive to grow DWFritz revenue and share within territory and accounts.
- Serve as the key technical point of contact for new business opportunities driving technical solution formulation, attending opportunity discussions, and delivering technical presentations to help secure new business.
- Lead internal and customer teams in technical requirements gathering activities for new projects to assist in SOW and proposal development. Responsible for delivering completed product requirements prior to new product development.
- Lead new project conceptual development efforts on custom automation projects including coordination of internal resources, leading internal and external meetings, and managing milestone and action items to maintain visibility both internally and externally.
- Write detailed and world class technical proposals and statements of work for custom automation projects.
- Proactively establish and build relationships with key customer technical personnel to strengthen DWFritz competitive position, provide exceptional customer service, and identify customer challenges and technical solutions to resolve.
- Develop and present technical presentations to customers in support of strategic account management initiatives.
- Regularly attend product development meetings to monitor project status and help respond to business inquiries such as scope changes and additional RFQ’s throughout the product development cycle.
- Identify market opportunities through routine customer engagement and understanding of DWFritz capabilities.
- Support marketing by identifying technical capabilities that support development of product roadmaps, marketing business plans, and market analysis for strategic initiatives.
- Provide technical content to support marketing communication initiatives.
- Regularly attends trade shows, conferences, and industry meetings to increase DWFritz’s technical presence, and further establish relationships.
- Enhance technical knowledge and applications engineering skills through technical field contacts, professional organizations, scientific/engineering publications, and DWFritz technical resources.
- Assist in the development of project risk analysis, contract reviews and kick-off meeting materials.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Effective communication and sharing of information.
- Focus on the customer and ensure responses are delivered in a timely manner.
- Apply professional, product, and deep technical expertise.
- Foster teamwork and build strong relationships.
- Possess a global vision and
- Maintain a sense of urgency.
- Microsoft Office and CAD software packages.
- Comfortable with conflict and ambiguity.
- Strong process management orientation and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Within 6 to 12 months will be highly competent with respect to knowledge of automation technologies.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes and motivate others to do the same.
- Good basic selling skills, persuasive skills and business acumen.
- Excellent tactical and strategic sales skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-directed, ability to work without day to day supervision, high sense of personal accountability and deadline/results oriented.
- Problem solving, system and methods improvement skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Use of PC office automation software - word processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and project management.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of current vehicle insurance.
Your Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with master’s degree strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in a technical customer facing role.