Plans, directs, and coordinates major projects such as facility expansion, acquisition and installation of capital equipment, major repairs or plant layout personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Upholds Andis Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, and Respect in all work-related activities.
- Coordinate with product development activities to optimize DFM aspects, including automated solutions for both assembly and component fabrication.
- Identify, develop and implement automated solutions to improve current processing cost, quality and capacity.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of production standards and processing methods.
- Provides advice and assistance to operating departments on solving manufacturing difficulties, participates in finding solutions to the more complex problems, and confers with engineering when design problems are involved.
- Participates in cost estimates for the manufacture of proposed new products, complex products, or unusual products. Suggests design changes to facilitate manufacture, improve quality or reduce costs.
- Responsible for special studies and projects relating to plant layouts, equipment, product and process improvements and cost reductions. Outlines objectives and approach to be taken; reviews progress and results. Presents findings to management.
- Makes major recommendations to management regarding cost estimating, manufacturing processes and equipment, and facilities and standards. Recommends expenditure budgets and capital expenditure programs.
- Develop system to monitor and improve plant OEE (operating equipment effectiveness) metrics driving for continuous improvement actions and accountability.
- Supports utilization of A-3 problem solving techniques providing technical counsel and direction throughout the plant.
- Incorporate lean manufacturing techniques to provide foundation for continuous improvement in process design and material flow. Ultimately reducing throughput time, scrap, cost, inventory while improving quality.
Directly supervises 12 employees in the Tool Room and Manufacturing Engineering Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A. /B.S.) from four-year College or university and 8 or more years experience.
Working proficiency in Microsoft Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and Mapics.