Location(s): MN - Becker
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Material and Procurement Specialists to be located at our Sherco Plant in Becker, MN.
A Material and Procurement Specialist will perform activities in all areas of materials handling and control, which include, but not
limited to ordering, receiving, packaging, storing, cycle counting, maintenance and issuing materials for power plant
operation and maintenance. Must be willing to work night shift and/or extended hours, including alternate shifts to meet plant and customer requirements. This position will require travel to support other locations as needed, less than 10%.
- High school diploma or GED
- Training or previous experience in materials logistics or one year of post-secondary education
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Lift truck certification is desired
- PC literate desired
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Actively participate in hands-on training, required classroom training and computer interactive training programs, as directed by plant management
- Applicant is required to successfully pass the Xcel Energy screening requirements, which include a drug test and security clearance
- Other exams, which are required by federal regulations, such as OSHA and DOT, may be performed
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Becker || MN - Becker || United States (US) || Operations || 2636S:Sherco Stores || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18345
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]