Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Reporting to the Chief of Materials Engineering, and under the direct supervision of the Engineer of Materials, the Staff Services Materials Engineer will be responsible for performing quality assurance oversight/duties of cast-in-place and precast concrete placements, determining the cause of concrete structures/elements with defects and implementing steps for corrective actions, investigating new construction materials, managing contracts for outside services, inspecting and testing construction materials, responding to construction submittals, and supervising staff.
Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
* Develop testing programs for investigating new construction materials to incorporate into PA capital programs, such as, additives to concrete and asphalt, mix designs, sealers, membranes, and waterproofing materials.
* Develop and supervise surveys to evaluate the condition of existing concrete and steel structures.
* Review and respond to construction submittals as to conformance to contract specifications and evaluation of substitutions.
* Prepare and manage outside services contracts for inspection and testing services.
* Manage and coordinate special inspections and close-out non-conformance reports for inspection work performed by the Materials Engineering Unit.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
* Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university.
* A minimum of five (5) years of experience performing Quality Assurance/Quality Control of concrete placements.
* Ability to obtain security clearance (10-year background check) for restricted airport work.
* Must possess a valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
* Demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
* Self-motivated, team leader.
* Experience in supervising staff
* Experience in testing, inspection, and/or performing condition surveys on concrete structural elements
* Good oral and written communication skills
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: