Location(s): MN - Monticello
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
- Direct supervision of Represented Stores department personnel (Material and Procurement Specialists-MAPS); establishing work priorities, communicating job expectations, assigning work, monitoring work performance, providing coaching and feedback, and employee development. Observes and enforces safety rules and practices, encourages safe work behaviors, and promptly corrects conditions and unsafe behaviors that may lead to accidents. Plans, implements and coordinates work scheduling to maintain adequate coverage for emergent work while complying with company and IBEW contract requirements.
- Monitor inventory storage conditions, methods and control of parts and materials through daily and periodic inspections for compliance to nuclear procedural requirements.
- Interface with various plant work groups, e.g. Planners, Scheduling, Maintenance personnel, Chemistry, and others, to deliver quality services. Coordinates material/services needs with work management team in support of T week schedule; coordinates material deliveries, shipments and storage requirements outside of supply chain control as required. Supports the ongoing operations and is jointly accountable with fleet personnel for meeting nuclear goals and initiatives.
- Actively participates in nuclear peer group activities and ensures participation in fleet cost avoidance program and committees in support of Fleet and Site initiatives.
- Other duties, including but not limited to; Develops, promotes and supports investment recovery initiatives and other asset management initiatives. Develop, implement and maintain training for Materials and Procurement Specialist's Development; including required reading of nuclear and corporate policies and procedural requirements; CAP Management; Vacation, Urgent (LCO), Outage Scheduling activities; Acting Member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO).
- Bachelor's degree (10 years of directly-related education and experience in warehouse operations considered in lieu of the degree requirement)
- 5 years of progressively responsible roles in material control or warehousing positions
- Demonstrated knowledge of nuclear procurement requirements and processes preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in team situations requiring ability to develop and implement best practices initiatives
- Working knowledge of collective bargaining agreement
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Operations || 45531:FT MT Supply Chain || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 14572
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]