KMEA is a multi-discipline environmental services firm expanding its contracts with the Federal Government. We seek a full time Mechanical AutoCAD operator that will work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and designers on building design projects with an emphasis on engineering design and plan production. Projects include building design for restoration and renovation construction.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 6 years' experience in AutoCAD services. An Associate's Degree or equivalent technical degree is required.
This is a mid-level, non-supervisory technical professional position. Applies extensive 2D CAD knowledge and skills. Applies advanced CAD techniques and methods. Suggests, justifies and implements improvements and creative solutions for problems.
- Prepares all types of design drawings, layouts, basic plans in conformance with applicable codes and design standards from preliminary sketches, diagrams and other information.
- Develops CAD drawings
- Prepares and checks lists of materials or specifications utilizing knowledge and / or engineering practices and fundamentals, shop and erection practices, etc.
- Checks own work for practicality from the standpoint of fabrication, installation or maintenance.
- Performs most assignments independently but consults with others and receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems.
- Plans work and meets deadlines without supervisor action.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Associate Degree or equivalent technical degree
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Overnight travel is estimated to be about 5-10%
- Desire for continuous learning and ability to learn quickly on the job
- Must be computer proficient with working knowledge of MS Excel and Word (AutoCAD proficiency required)
- Ability to also do Civil and Survey type CAD is high desirable but not required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
KMEA is an EOE and encourages U.S. Military Veterans and other Protected Class Applicants to apply.
Please follow this URL to apply for this position: