Are you looking for a company with an established commitment to design excellence? Are you a talented designer/engineer who works best in a hands-on, rapid prototyping environment?
AeroSpec offers unparalleled growth for the design professional by providing a wide variety of experience in Medical, Automotive and Semiconductor Equipment/Systems including; mechanical system design, mechanism design, tooling design, equipment design and shop drawing detailing in a near paperless engineering workflow system.
· Create and support assembly-level and mechanical component 3D models for AeroSpec automation solutions
· Develop, review, and manage technical drawings with keen understanding of manufacturability
· Specify, analyze, and design-in commercially available automation components such as robotics, laser systems, pneumatic automation, vision equipment, material handling, sensors, etc.
· Work collaboratively with an engineering project team to meet client requirements and maximize client business value
· Provides effective mentoring to support staff including formatters and engineering assistants
· Assist machinists, toolmakers, fabricators, machine builder, integrators and expeditors in production processes, debug, integration and commissioning
· Competitive wage/benefit package and opportunity for technical and career growth
· World class facility located in beautiful east-valley Phoenix
· A post-secondary diploma or degree in mechanical design, mechanical engineering or equivalent
- · A minimum of 10 years of mechanical design experience
- · Expert in SolidWorks 3D and associated Toolboxes
- · Capable of designing tooling/components from verbal concepts, written descriptions, and sketches
- · Perform engineering calculations as required in the typical machine design process
- · Ability to quickly grasp the functionality of complex assembly, test and processing equipment
- · Ability to develop provide functional diagrams of the machine’s operation
- · Familiar with the design principles behind machined parts, precision tooling, weldments, sheet metal fabrications
- · A working knowledge of common machine shop techniques
- · Schedule oriented; able to make and achieve commitments
- · Past experience working as a machinist a plus; knowledge of manufacturing software a plus
- · Experience working within a PDM or EDM environment a plus
- · Experience working on an Agile or Scrum project team a plus
- · Engineering supervisory or management experience a plus
AeroSpec, Inc., a leader in the design and development of Semiconductor, Medical and Pharma Automated Equipment, provides an environment of great friendly people, challenging work, growth, and stability for the Mechanical Designer. Founded in 1982, the firm is an established engineering company with 65 employees. Details of the company and its products can be viewed at www.aerospecinc.com.