Ground/Water Treatment & Technology, LLC (GWTT) is a leading environmental contractor located in Wharton, NJ. GWTT provides Construction Dewatering, remediation and environmental construction services, including; dewatering systems design, manufacture, installation and operation. Additionally, we offer design/build services for temporary and permanent treatment systems, and operation and maintenance services for a variety of soil, groundwater and wastewater treatment systems. Typical projects include groundwater depression and management for major construction projects, soil vapor extraction, air stripping, carbon adsorption, metals precipitation, pH neutralization, thermal/catalytic oxidation and in-situ chemical oxidation. GWTT provides a challenging, growth-oriented work environment, in which the right candidate will have the opportunity to develop and understand the necessary technical and managerial skills to excel in today’s competitive market.
Due to our growing business, we have an immediate opening in our Engineering Division for a full-time Design Engineer with 5 – 10 years of relevant Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design and/or Water Treatment experience. Candidates should have good problem-solving skills, strong communication skills and the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings. A B.S. degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering is required. Candidates must be PC literate, with a thorough knowledge of MS Office including MS Project and a working knowledge of AutoCAD.
The primary responsibility of the Mechanical Engineer will be to:
- Review specifications, contract/RFP documents, water quality data, design drawings, etc. in order to prepare preliminary process designs to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Prepare technical submittal packages for review
- Prepare scope of work documents, design drawings, etc. and review with Project Managers on all jobs
- Assist in creating Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) as well as piping and equipment layout drawings directly from P&IDs
- Perform various engineering calculations such as pumping flow rates, pressure and head loss
- Assist in the selection and determine the suitability of existing equipment for new projects
- Evaluate specifications from prospective vendors to determine feasibility of proposed equipment units
- Assist in the integration of various unit operations into full-scale manufactured systems
- Prepare and submit shop work orders for the execution of the work
- Assist in the startup and troubleshooting of projects at the jobsite
- Visit jobsites in order to develop plans for mobilization and demobilization
- Assist in the design and development of standard equipment and required documentation
The candidate must be willing to work in a ‘hands-on’ environment, which we believe is necessary for the proper training and development of our engineering and technical staff.
As part of the training program, the candidate will spend time in the field assisting in the construction, start-up, operation and maintenance of groundwater and soil remediation systems. Field work and travel is required and is estimated to be required 20% of the time. Travel expenses including mileage to project sites will be reimbursed.
Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record and must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen. Some experience in the environmental field is preferred although we are willing to train the right individual who is dependable, self-motivated, a team player and goal-oriented. OSHA 40-hour training is preferred but will be provided to the right candidate.
We offer competitive pay based on experience and skills, opportunities for bonus and advancement, excellent benefits including medical and dental plans, paid holidays and vacations and a 401k plan. Ground/Water Treatment & Technology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website at www.gwttllc.com for more information.
Candidates applying from outside of the State are required to relocated to our NJ location. We do not sponsor Visa's for overseas candidates.