Job Title: Mobile Building Engineer
Work Location: White Plains, NY
Duration: 8 month contract with option to extend or hire
Education/Experience Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training; Universal CFC certification required.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds.
- Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
- Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors.
- Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
- Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviews assigned work orders.
- Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
- Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers.
- May coordinate work and assign tasks.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training.
- Universal CFC certification required.
- Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair.
- Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
- Requires intermediate analytical skills.
- Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
At Paladin we put Tech Talent, Experienced Engineers and Business Pros in a position to succeed through a deep vetting of Clients and Opportunities to ensure that their needs align with your skills!
We provide staffing solutions for:
Oil & Gas Projects
For 30 years Paladin has partnered with top companies to understand their dynamic staffing issues and deploy resources that will efficiently meet business needs and perfectly fit the clients culture.
Paladin has relationships with groups that share our values of Integrity, Service, and Community including TechServe Alliance, ASA, SIA, SIM, 6Stones - Catalyst for Hope, Ben Barber CTA IT Advisory board, DFW Texas Recruiter Network, SHRM, and AHA.
Paladin Lines of Service:
1. Business Change Solutions
2. Accounting and Finance Staffing
3. Government Services - TS Cleared
4. Professional Staffing
5. Workforce Solutions
6. Technology Services
For 30 years we have provided jobs for Information Technology & Engineering Talent across the spectrum of changing industries:
Oil & Gas Jobs
Retail Technology Jobs
Healthcare Technology Jobs
OEM Project Staffing
Defense & Cleared Jobs
Paladin Consulting is a leading Staffing and Recruiting provider based in Dallas. We have been staffing and recruiting talent for Fortune 500 companies for 30+ years. Talk with us today about staffing and recruiting opportunities. We always welcome great recruiters and partner with staffing service providers to make sure our clients get the talent they need... and quick!