New Product Development Manufacturing Engineer
Break free from the established norms of a traditional engineering career and thrive as a New Product Development (NPD) Manufacturing Engineer in Halifax, PA at Hearth & Home Technologies.
The Manufacturing Engineer- New Product Development (NPD) is a member of the Manufacturing Engineering NPD team and is responsible for representing Manufacturing Engineering, leading operational readiness activities throughout the new product development process. This position will participate on NPD teams beginning with project planning phases through production launch. Incumbent will perform a critical role in influencing new product design to ensure that it is optimized for manufacturing assembly, cost and quality in addition to meeting all specified requirements. In addition to supporting NPD introduction activity, this position will support continuous improvement and cost savings initiatives. This role will lead develop robust manufacturing processes and setup lean manufacturing lines working with site manufacturing engineers.
Start Building Your Career
Hearth & Home Technologies lives by the philosophy of Lean Manufacturing. It's a core reason why we're the world's largest developer, manufacturer and supplier of fireplaces, stoves and hearth products. We eliminate non-value added activities, while delivering quality products with greater efficiency.
Our Manufacturing Engineers ensure that the products are manufactured safely, and are quick to detect any errors. They are constantly implementing improvements to eliminate waste and keep our company running smoothly. Our engineers have an exceptional opportunity to be innovative and hands-on, especially since we give them the opportunity to manage their own diverse projects.
Your role as a Manufacturing Engineer
- Participate in new product development process to ensure products are designed for maximum competitiveness in production.
- Coordinate with new product development teams to maximize manufacturability and development of standard work for new products.
- Participate on and lead lean manufacturing process improvement teams.
- Exceptional career development and advancement potential with organizational stability
- Working for the industry leader of a product that people love.
- Co mpetitive compensation and benefits
- Positive environment where we work together as a team
Hearth & Home Technologies is an operating division of HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI). We design, manufacture and distribute a wide variety of gas, electric, wood and biomass burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves and accessories. All in the USA. Lakeville, Minnesota is our home, but we have locations throughout the United States
As we continue expanding our operations, we're looking for leaders who are confident in what they do, but open to learning from others. Hardworking professionals who take pride in their company as much as their work. Are you ready to drive meaningful change to our business, to learn through challenging work experiences and to act like an owner?
Take the next step in your engineering career with Hearth & Home Technologies. Here's how to get started:
- Apply today for this position
- Is this position not perfect for you? Stay updated on new opportunities by:
- Joining our Talent Community
- Following us on Facebook and Twitter