Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for designing and troubleshooting complex infrastructure/network systems. Under minimal supervision, establishes infrastructure/networking environment by designing, defining, and documenting systems configurations while enforcing systems standards. Oversee deployment of new systems and/or network infrastructure. Maximizes infrastructure/network performance by troubleshooting infrastructure network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with architects on systems optimization.
- Infrastructure/Network Design – Work with users and IT operations to define requirements for new systems/network implementations. Evaluate available technologies within established standards to meet design requirements. Develop technical design for implementation of approved technologies. Develop configuration standards for use by operations team. Consult with system/network administration when requested.
- Infrastructure/Network Optimization – Using system/network performance data propose changes to improve availability and reliability. Using resource utilization data propose changes to increase system/network efficiency and capacity. Work closely with system/network administration to deploy and monitor recommended optimizations.
- Operational Support – Provide technical review of proposed changes. Work closely with the system/network administration team to plan and execute major firmware and operating system upgrades. Provide Level 4 technical support to resolve critical production incidents.
- Project Support – Provide technical designs according to project requirements. Provide input to project planning and scheduling. Provide technical oversight and quality assurance for technology deployments.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of experience in system/network design and operations.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with all phases of operating systems HW, SW, and concepts on at least one platform.
- Has knowledge of future technology trends within area of expertise.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Experience with Layers 1 – 3
- Experience with Network Architecture and/or Network Design
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56110:Enterprise Network Comm || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15396
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]