Location(s): MN - Welch
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
We anticipate the need for one or more Nuclear Plant Services Attendant(s) to be located at the Prairie Island Nuclear Plant in Welch, MN. This position may be on a rotating shift schedule. The starting rate of pay for this position is $22.52 hourly, per the Exhibit “A” Wage Schedule.
Responsibilities will include plant cleaning, radiological decontamination, equipment and component cleaning, grounds maintenance, fire watch, fire protection surveillance and general labor support for all departments at the plant. A qualification program is provided and should be completed within two years.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to safely lift 50 pounds.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Function under written plant operation, maintenance and safety procedures and complete documentation as required by management.
- Adhere to Xcel Energy safety requirements.
- Perform duties from elevated and confined spaces such as scaffolding and catwalks.
- Must have successfully passed or pass the Edison Electric Institute MASS Test or be a grandfathered employee. Testing will be conducted if the pool of previously passed applicants is insufficient. The company will communicate with you if a session will be conducted.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Welch || MN - Welch || United States (US) || Nuclear || 0480R:PI Maint Fac-Union || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19356
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]