JR000007567 Operating Technology Network Engineer (Open)
St. Louis, MO (Pharma) - USA032
St. Louis, MO
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Operation Technology (OT) / Industrial Controls System (ICS) Network Engineer utilizes a diverse knowledge/skillset from an industrial controls perspective (i.e. Rockwell Automation, Delta V, OSIsoft PI and many other industrial controls system vendors), while integrating the Ethernet inter-conductivity. The Operations Technology Network/Industrial Control System Engineer utilizes a diverse knowledge of control system network specifications, design, and industry best practices to provide technical support and management of the infrastructure at the STLP site. This position does not work with Business Enterprise computer applications/systems. The position is specific to Industrial Manufacturing/Production Process Systems.
- Performs Industrial Control System network assets lifecycle analysis
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for site Industrial Control System/Operational Technology network
- Initiates change management for Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network
- Provides long range industrial control system network strategy
- Interfaces with various vendors to oversee the installation and troubleshooting of network cabling and associated hardware
- Designs, implements, troubleshoots, and maintains resilient Industrial Control System/Operational Technology network
- Provides technical support for manufacturing operations and support networked industrial control systems.
- Provides technical support for weekend/off-shift coverage as needed
- Develops Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network standards and specifications
- Maintains accurate networking drawings and ensures specifications are current
- Reviews capital project scope level networking requirements and network design/specifications
- Specifies, designs, programs, and documents site related industrial control network architecture modifications
- Provides network support for local control system issues that arise which are beyond the scope of local support technicians.
- Monitors Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network asset health and performance by utilizing network management tools and systems
- Monitors, detects, and communicates network threat vector activity
- Maintains and ensures backup of asset configurations
- Manages, deploys and ensures set-up of Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network capital Virtual platforms
- Reviews network architecture standards and security practices for ICS
- Ensures Integration of Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network systems and devices into the industrial control systems networks
- Understands and applies knowledge of Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network Cyber Security practices and appliances such as patch deployment, anti-virus, Security Information & Event Management (SIEM), backup and disaster recovery.
- Configures and deploys network hardware including routers, switches and security appliances in an Industrial Controls System environment
- Specifies and implements standard operating system workstations, and server operating system software builds and hardware
- Communicates/updates the Site Management Team regarding strategic plans and relevant issues regarding the Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network
- Maintains customer confidence. Solves Industrial Control System/Operational Technology networking issues working alone or in a team environment.
- Stays current with industry trends/hardware, software, and methods. This includes informing other team members on changes and problems as it affects products, services and customer expectations.
- Continuing education/staying current with Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network designs/standards
- Develop relationships with site and corporate IT network clients to improve collaboration and teamwork to accomplish Industrial Control System/Operational Technology industrial manufacturing networking objectives
BS degree required, a concentration of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent discipline preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network experience.
Proficient with routing, switching, network hardware, physical cabling (copper and fiber optics) and network management in an Industrial Control System/Operational Technology production environment.
The position requires a fluent knowledge with experience of Emerson Process Managements Delta V, Rockwell Automations PLC/PAC, Factory Talk, Historian, Plant PAX systems, and OSIsoft PI Historian.
Preferred VMWare / Hypervisor Certified
Minimum of five years’ experience in a manufacturing plant production environment is required
CCNA – Industrial Certified
Microsoft Windows Certified
Strong computer skills
Strong organizational skills
Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
Able to work effectively with all levels of the organization
OPERATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: High degree of collaboration required on a regular on-going basis. Must be able to establish effective working relationships with a broad range of internal and external personnel including engineers, operating and maintenance personnel, site and corporate leadership personnel, consultants, constructors, and equipment suppliers.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The working conditions consist of mainly an office environment with frequent visits to various manufacturing units for troubleshooting, project management, design, and implementation. Manufacturing areas are not climate controlled. During summer months, building exhaust fans provides ventilation. Chemicals handled include acids and bases, organic solvents, and inorganic compounds. Chemicals may have characteristic odors or hazardous properties that require special handling. Office and Manufacturing environment may require use of personal protective equipment such as hard hat, safety glasses and work boots. Additional PPE may be required on some occasions.