Location(s): WI - Eau Claire
Do you want to have a vital role supporting the infrastructure that provides electricity to millions of homes and businesses? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? Consider a position with Xcel Energy’s electric distribution team.
Standard Operations Position. Supervise a high performing, safe operations team across multiple functions, facilities, or commodities while driving the efficient and cost-effective use of numerous resources through consistent and effective application of policies and procedures. Assure safe, reliable, and compliant operations, drive continuous improvement, and ensure customer satisfaction. Drive attainment of corporate and business unit strategies, goals and objectives, and process and performance metrics. The person provides leadership while directing the overall activities of the WI electric control center operations, including dispatch functions, associated with responding to outages, emergencies, and other routine service work. This position would be responsible for providing service to the WI customers in the service territory. This position would be responsible for assisting and providing back up to the senior operations manager. Manages per any applicable labor contracts.
- Provide visible safety leadership and actively contribute to the creation, implementation, and continuous improvement of a strong, sustainable safety culture in partnership with Safety Consultant. Drive safety accountability by engaging the team through a variety of safety events, tools, trainings, observations, and metrics.
- Business Optimization & Strategy: Evaluate team performance based on operational efficiency, reliability and quality metrics; take corrective action where appropriate, focusing on process adherence and data integrity. Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive adoption of process changes through effective collaboration and expectation setting.
- Operational Effectiveness: Provide direct leadership over crew effectiveness, quality and productivity. Maintain continuous presence in the work environment and remove barriers with pre-reqs, materials, stakeholder, and other issues. Ensure correct crew composition and skills to meet operational, reliability, customer and financial objectives. Assist in preparing resource forecasts and providing input to longer-term work plans.
- Talent Management: Recruit talented employees, participate in workforce and development planning efforts, establish clear expectations, and effectively and manage performance. Provide training, coaching and oversight and drive employee engagement. Effectively represent the organization in bargaining unit discussions, grievances, corrective actions and development.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain effective relationships with all areas that support Operations. Provide strong working knowledge of necessary systems and resources to assist employees, other work groups, and/or customers and stakeholders. Enable crews to provide solutions to issues and improve customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
- Regulatory & Compliance: Oversee and coordinate the execution and documentation of work in accordance with policies, procedures, labor agreements, and regulatory standards. Ensure required compliance/technical training is completed. Establish, monitor, and track processes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Five or more years in design, construction, operations, engineering or maintenance of utility systems/power generation plants or related industries/fields or equivalent.
- Associates or technical degree preferred.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in specific functional area including standards, procedures, and applicable government/environmental regulations.
- Operational knowledge of work and asset management and analytical/reporting applications.
- Effective change leader with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate company and business area strategies and objectives to a variety of stakeholders.
- Proven results at achieving performance and operational metrics and driving process adherence.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Completion of an approved apprentice program in an appropriately related craft.
- Demonstrated understanding of utility finance.
- Demonstrated experience working as or with bargaining unit employees.
- Will be required to work rotating shifts and/or be on call.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: WI - Eau Claire || WI - Eau Claire || United States (US) || Utilities and Corporate Servic || 1317A:ME Electric Trbl MN || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 6906
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]