Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
This position is responsible for Nuclear Operations procedure preparation, maintenance, and reviews. Also performs all aspects of Nuclear Operations procedure writing and development. Reviews changes to Operations procedures to ensure that the changes are technically accurate, applicable, and in conformance with regulatory requirements and applicable Operations Writer's Guides. Further, the Operations procedures can be implemented without adversely affecting plant, personnel, or equipment safety.
- Use Document Control and Engineering Records to retrieve vendor manuals, references, prints, schmematics, design documents, FSAR, etc, to collect information. Use collected information to create detailed step by step instructions to safely operate or maintain reactor plant equipment, including Nuclear Operations procedures used for administrative processes or programs.
- Given a performance problem associated with a Nuclear Operations procedure, determine cause of problem and develop corrective actions to correct the procedure.
- For a given operational task, identify the steps to complete the task, list task steps sequentially, write concise directions to accomplish each step in-accordance-with Operations Procedure Writers guide (write a procedure). Determine if task can be captured in existing procedures or if a new operating procedure is needed.
- For a given proposed change to an Operations procedure (PCR), determine validity of change, revise the procedure to accommodate the change. Evaluate existing PCRs in system to determine impact of change being made.
- For a given procedure change, determine the types of reviews needed to process the procedure and coordinate the review and approval process.
- For a given review of an Operations procedure change, resolve comments and document reviews and approvals completed.
- Act as procedure process subject-matter-expert for non-dedicated procedure writers at affected site, with relation to procedure processing and procedure change request processing requirements.
- For Fleet Jobs: Supports the ongoing operations of the sites and is jointly accountable with site personnel for the sites meeting their excellence plans. For Site Jobs: Supports the ongoing operations of the fleet and is jointly accountable with fleet personnel for the fleet meeting its excellence plan.
- High-school diploma or general education degree required.
- Minimum of 2 yrs Operational Nuclear Plant experience required.
- Senior Reactor Operator, Reactor Operator License or SRO Certification (minimum) required
- At least five years of nuclear power plant experience.
- The position requires the individual knowledgeable of other processes such as modification process, temporary modifications, quality assurance standards, operating policies, industry standards and administrative requirements.
- Applicants must be familiar with 10 CFR 50.59/72.48 screening and evaluation process and be qualified, or able to be qualified to perform a 10 CFR 50.59/72.48 screen.
- Knowledge of regulatory, industry and plant specific requirements as they pertain to procedure development, implementation, maintenance, and revision required.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires continuity in your new role for 24 months. During that time, you will not be eligible to apply for or request to be moved to any other job at the Company until the continuity timeframe has been met, unless otherwise approved by senior leadership.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45430:FT Procedures & Records Mgmt || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15389
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]