Location(s): MN - Bayport
Do you want to have an essential role supporting the energy infrastructure that provides power to millions of homes and businesses? Do you want to work for a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship? Consider a job at one of Xcel Energy’s power plants, and help us keep the lights on.
This position will be based at King Plant in Bayport, MN with possibility of supporting other plants on occasion when coverage needs arise. Preference will be given to candidates with previous timekeeping experience. Administrative experience is also preferred.
Standard Operations Position. Perform a wide range of field work support activities, including the processing of completed work orders. Perform administrative support functions such as data entry, time reporting reconciliation, expense reporting, customer service, and general office management. Ensure a high level of accuracy within all operating systems to support data integrity and process adherence.
- Field Work Support: Receive and complete job closeout of all work packets within various systems. Assess and monitor requirements for job closure. Analyze reports to verify labor and equipment charged to each work, job, trouble and miscellaneous order.
- Time and Expense Reporting: Understand procedures and rules associated with time and expense reporting for union/non-union employees. Conduct periodic reviews of time reports and expenses to ensure report integrity and accuracy. Maintain proficiency in required timekeeping systems.
- Office Management and Customer Service Support: Coordinate and initiate individual and group meetings as well as travel arrangements for the field operations department. Arrange schedules for management staff. Order office supplies and maintain equipment as needed. Greet and direct customers and answer phones. Serve as primary on-site contact for contractors and vendors where appropriate.
- Data Entry and Maintenance: Perform data entry and copying of drawings and forms. Assist as needed with record and document management functions including filing, record retention, and archiving and storing documentation associated with work orders once closed. Support KPI tracking and reporting.
- Compliance Auditing: Assist with audits as well as Finance, Engineering and Field Operations activities related to compliance with internal business rules as well as state and regulatory requirements. Produce required compliance reports.
- Safety Support: Assist in the tracking of safety training completion. Ensure safety verifications on equipment is complete. Order and manage safety equipment and supplies. Organize block training events, safety celebrations and meetings.
- Emergency Assistance: Provide assistance during emergency operations.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 3 - 5 years field related experience in the utility or construction industries.
- Requires a broad knowledge of department operations and policies.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including word processing, Microsoft Office products and work management database applications.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Bayport || MN - Bayport || United States (US) || Operations || 0475A:AS King Administration || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18193
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]