Location(s): MN - Monticello
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Responsible for operations department budget, key performance indicators, performance assessment, human performance initiatives, Emergency Operating Procedures and Severe Accident Management Guidelines. Supports the Operations Manager in performance improvement initiatives both in plant and in training. Provides day-to-day direction to SRO licensed personnel assigned to him/her on a rotational basis. Provides direct oversight of operators through frequent, intrusive observation and coaching. Provides support for all accredited operations training programs through observation and participation.
- Demonstrates leadership in the area of safety. This requires observing and enforcing safety rules and practices, encouraging safe work behaviors, and promptly correcting conditions and unsafe behaviors, which may lead to accidents.
- Develop and maintain the Operations Department budget.
- Maintain departmental key performance indicators and conduct quarterly departmental performance reviews.
- Coordinate all self-assessment activities and ensure that appropriate entries are made in the corrective action program to document deficiencies and track corrective actions as needed.
- Demonstrate clear ownership of accredited training programs through active participation and intrusive oversight.
- Perform ERO duties based on site-specific assignment.
- Provide support for plant outages as assigned.
- Current SRO license required.
- 8 years related experience including at least five years at a nuclear plant site.
- Previous supervisory experience as a Control Room Supervisor or Shift Manager required.
- Demonstrated effective leadership experience.
Must live within 90 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires continuity in your new role for 24 months. During that time, you will not be eligible to apply for or request to be moved to any other job at the Company until the continuity timeframe has been met, unless otherwise approved by senior leadership.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 45529:FT MT Shift Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19087
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]