Location(s): CO - Arvada
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy is looking for one or more Assistant Operators to work in the Bore Shop at the Arvada Service Center in Arvada, Colorado. These key individuals will provide assistance and perform labor functions to assist in the directional bore process for the Machine Operator and lead Machine Operator classifications.
- Commercial Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous Bore experience
- Tanker's License
Step 1 Application and Online Assessment:
1. Create a profile by applying for a position
2. Apply to the job posting
3. Should you meet the minimum qualifications, you may receive an invitation to complete an online assessment. Please follow the assessment instructions carefully and complete the online assessment within 72 hours.
Step 2 Selection Process:
4. Please allow a couple of weeks for assessment results and applications to be reviewed. You will be notified if you are selected for an interview.
5. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive notice that the hiring leader has chosen to go with another candidate.
6. If you do not successfully complete the assessments, you are eligible to re-take them after 6 months.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Arvada || CO - Arvada || United States (US) || Operations || 64240:Gas Ops Arvada PSC || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18423
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]nergy.com