Location(s): CO - Henderson
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for providing leadership, planning, scheduling, and work coordination for all overhaul activities and personnel to achieve overhaul performance objectives. Implements the overhaul planning, execution, and the post overhaul continuous learning cycle process for all overhauls throughout the region. Is accountable for the creation, maintenance, and communication of a comprehensive, detailed overhaul critical path schedule which results in the shortest and least cost overhauls for the region. Responsible for the creation of overhaul work packages through coordination with matrixed resources and identifies, obtains and allocates labor, material and equipment to ensure effective and efficient overhauls throughout the region. Provides input and support to ensure the continuous improvement of overhaul management processes and supporting systems used across the fleet. Provides support for effective budget management.
Please note: This position requires traveling within Colorado up to 50% of the time.
Preference will be given to individuals with proficiency in SAP, Primavera P6, and/or Microsoft Project.
- Overhaul Coordination: Implements the overhaul planning, overhaul execution, and the post overhaul continuous learning cycle process for the region. Provides leadership, planning, scheduling, and work coordination for all overhaul labor resources (>600) to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the overhaul. Supports the effective management of the overhaul budget (>$50M annually). Responsible for compliance with critical path schedules, work scope specifications, and overhaul O&M and capital project performance objectives. Is accountable to meet or exceed overhaul performance objectives with plant management.
- Overhaul Scheduling: Accountable for the creation of a comprehensive, detailed critical path overhaul schedule utilizing electronic software which results in the shortest and least cost overhauls. Responsible for communication of schedule and maintaining a living schedule for overhauls.
- Team Collaboration: Responsible to identify, obtain and allocate labor, material, and equipment to support the overhauls. Is responsible for the development of work packages that will be executed during the overhauls through coordination with matrixed personnel.
- Fleet Process Standardization: Implements and supports the continuous improvement of overhaul management processes, overhaul practices and supporting systems by identifying and communicating best practices, lessons learned, and process improvements. Collaborates with others to share lessons learned and best practices. Incorporates process improvements into the overhaul scheduling process.
- Safety: Responsible for implementation and compliance with the company’s contractor safety policy as it relates to all plant overhaul activities. Ensures that safety is a prime focus of all personnel and that all safety policies & procedures are adhered to by all workers
- Perform Overhaul Superintendent duties at smaller facilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management, or similar technical discipline from an accredited college or university AND a minimum of five years of power plant or industrial setting experience related to operations/maintenance, planning, budgeting, or similar experience.
- An additional six years of experience beyond the experience requirement may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Comprehensive understanding of industrial facility operation and maintenance is essential.
- Must be able to effectively coordinate multiple work groups and/or contractors of different disciplines.
- Effective relationship skills, strong communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use critical path scheduling software.
- Proven project management capabilities with track record of demonstrated results is strongly desired.
- Some travel to the power plants to coordinate overhauls is required.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Henderson || CO - Henderson || United States (US) || Operations || 31231:Reliability Sv & Ovrhl Mgmt-CO || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 14382
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]