Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
This is a supporting role where the individual is responsible for performing engineering analysis to define design requirements, review suitability of materials, and feasibility of proposed processes under daily direction. Requires solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals and principles with good general understanding of various material properties.
1. Prepare product documentation including, but not limited to, detailed drawings, specifications and inspection criteria as directed.
2. Prepare proposed routings, bills of material, and cost estimates for completing the proposed project.
3. Perform benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
4. Participate in resolving engineering design, product quality and testing issues.
5. Design, prototype and test product components, sub-systems, and applying principles and techniques of electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial engineering as directed.
6. Write technical reports to document engineering analysis and findings.
7. Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and various project teams.
8. Review personal progress within projects on a consistent basis and work to maintain time lines.
9. Seek out and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality work product for downstream customers.
10. Be able to adapt and function in an environment of changing priorities often under tight time constraints.
11. Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups and project teams.
12. Work to minimize any design detail that may cause extra steps and add cost in the manufacturing process.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in package engineering or an engineering degree from a related field with one (1) to three (3) years of relevant work experience as a packaging engineer.
Must have strong technical, analytical, planning and organizational skills. Must be capable of facilitating projects and solutions.
Demonstrated oral and written communication within a team environment. Computer skills and familiarity with spreadsheets, databases, analysis and design software a plus.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- No phone calls please.
- If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.