Location(s): WI - La Crosse
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy anticipates the need for one or more Part Time Temporary Laborer(s) to be located at the French Island RDF Plant in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Please note that there is a 20 mile residency requirement (within 6 months of the start date, the successful candidate must reside within 20 miles of the French Island RDF plant).
Summary / Job Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
General plant work such as housekeeping, grounds keeping and clean up of Steam & RDF Plants. Also cleaning of boilers during outages. Assist in the operation and pre-start checks of the RDF Plant. A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Must be 18 years or older.
3. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
4. Must pass physical exam and pulmonary function test and abide by respirator policy.
5. Preferred experience with bobcat and/or skidster.
1. Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment.
2. Minimum of 15 hours/week from fall to spring. Up to 40 hours/week in summer months
3. There is a 20 mile residency requirement which must be met within 6 months of the start date. You must reside within 20 miles of the French Island RDF plant
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: WI - La Crosse || WI - La Crosse || United States (US) || Operations || 62424:French Island RDF || Part-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 14202
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]