Location(s): MN - Shakopee
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Peaking Plant Attendant I (s) at our Blue Lake Plant in Shakopee, MN.
Bargaining and non-bargaining employees may apply for this vacancy. The company will have the sole right of selectivity.
Assist in the operation of combustion turbines and associated equipment at peaking facilities. Assist in providing general mechanical maintenance support for the peaking plant site to maintain availability and reliability of the combustion turbines. This position is for the afternoon shift, with working hours being from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Will be required to actively participate in training and retraining programs as directed by Plant Management
- Must complete training requirements as outlined in the Peaking Plant Attendant Wage Progression program
- Will be required to function under written operating and maintenance procedures as required by Plant Management
- Overtime and callouts will be required by Plant Management, including weekends and holidays
- Successful completion of the Edison Electric Institute Exam (EEI)
- Must have the ability to communicate constructively with plant personnel both verbally and in writing
- May be required to accept temporary assignments at other locations as prescribed by Plant Management
- Will be required to carry pager or cell phone 24/7 for plant callouts
- Will be required to work off shift as prescribed by Plant Management
Selected criteria may include testing and/or assessment
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Shakopee || MN - Shakopee || United States (US) || Operations || 04660:Blue Lake Gas Turbne || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18231
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]