Location(s): MN - Red Wing
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Works with BU partners at Work Order creation, and coordinates material/service procurement & fulfillment activities. Develops/implements procurement strategies to achieve cost, schedule and quality goals. Achieves inventory management, scheduling coordination, supplier management, and process improvement objectives. Leads customer material gathering, asset sale, and disposal requirements issue resolution, disputes and performance issues. Appraises, market, sells, and disposes of surplus assets.
This is a bargaining unit position covered by Local Union 949.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Highly proficient in end-to-end SC management concepts and processes, from WO creation through all aspects of processing in ERP.
- BUSINESS PARTNER RELATIONSHIPS: Works with BU Planning to ensure early demand visibility from WO, and communicates sourcing & category strategy. Leads cross-functional teams for specific categories or projects. Ensures BU understands risk strategy for materials, equipment, and services. Manages job site deliveries, lay down yards, and off-loading activities. Demonstrates basic understanding of use, form, fit, and function of materials. Trains BU partners on SC processes as needed.
- MATERIALS & SERVICES COORDINATION: Ensures material/service fulfillment requirements are met through SC processes. Understands flow of demand to inventory, master agreements, and other purchase transactions. Executes POs accurately and in a timely manner.
- SOURCING STRATEGY & PRACTICE: Determines sourcing strategy in collaboration with sourcing, BU, and category teams. Ensures adherence to sourcing best practices, policies, and procedures. Drives demand to existing master agreements when possible. Manages materials for large construction/de-construction projects. Appraises equipment for resale, and plans/schedules removal and sale of assets for demolition projects.
- BIDDING/AWARD PROCESS: Manages RFX bid packages for regional category buys and small projects; leads bid evaluation, analysis, and supplier selection. Identifies tail spend opportunities with category manager and develops master agreements with key suppliers. Analyzes and interprets statistical data. Accurately appraises assets and utilizes industry pricing indexes to validate buyer pricing for assets sold.
- CONTRACTING: Partners with BU for contract administration, review, analysis, and supplier performance/compliance tracking. Represents company interests during negotiations with suppliers/contractors. Resolves or escalates issues to Category Manager, and escalates legal exceptions to General Counsel. Serves as asset disposal consultant.
- SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIPS: Develops supplier relationships and provides timely response to questions. Uses reporting tools and analysis for material delivery, disposition, and returns. Monitors supplier activities and collaborates with category manager to improve supplier relationship. May contribute to formal supplier performance meetings and lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in SC Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of purchasing, logistics, or experience in plant/utility field operations
- Pursue Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or equivalent and Certified Manager of Investment Recovery (CMIR) if involved with investment recovery
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills and collaboration focused
- Up to 10% local travel
- Basic contract knowledge, negotiation and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Red Wing || MN - Red Wing || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || 2636P:Prairie Island Stores || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15945
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]