Job title: Plant Engineer
Pay range: $100,000 - $130,000 annually (DOE, negotiable)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) match
Resumes can be submitted to [email protected]
We are seeking a Plant Engineer to become a part of our team at our Santa Fe Springs, CA location! You will plan, design, and oversee construction and maintenance of buildings in accordance with Company objectives, cGMP regulations, and federal and state regulatory requirements. This will be a challenging and rewarding position that requires five years of experience, specifically in the pharmaceutical, dietary supplements or food industry, planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of buildings. You must hold a current California Professional Engineers license in civil engineering and a Bachelor of Science or higher in civil engineering (required) with knowledge of mechanical and/or industrial engineering (desirable).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Designs construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models.
· Reviews project plan and determines design feasibilities and constraints.
· Performs technical and feasibility surveys, studies, and site investigations.
· Performs design analysis and complex calculations according to project requirements.
· Performs design changes and improvements according to changing project demands.
· Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, drawings, and data.
· Prepares engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
· Resolves design and development problems by analyzing design issues and recommend corrective actions.
· Compiles job specifications and supervises tendering procedures.
· Evaluates project costs to provide assistance in the bidding process.
· Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Liaises with stakeholders, end-users, and a variety of professionals including architects, contractors, and consultants; and provides the atmosphere and leadership necessary to develop and maintain positive work relationships.
· Collaborates with various departments to identify, troubleshoot and resolve any facilities and/or machine issues.
· Ensures construction and repair projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
· Confirms adherence to construction specifications, safety, GMP standards, and all other applicable standards/regulations by monitoring project process; inspecting construction site; verifying calculations and placements.
· Uses a range of computer software for developing detailed designs.
· Maintains accurate design files for reference purposes.
· Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency.
· Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding operators.
· Maintains operations by enforcing project and operations policies and procedures.
· Considers health, safety, and environmental requirements when developing designs.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Bachelor of Science or higher in civil engineering (required) with knowledge of mechanical and/or industrial engineering (desirable).
· Must hold a current California Professional Engineers license in civil engineering.
· Five (5) years of experience in pharmaceutical, dietary supplements or food industry experience in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of buildings (required).
· Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, critical thinking/analytical, problem solving/troubleshooting, and interpersonal skills; including negotiating, supervisory, and leadership skills.
· Sound mathematical, scientific, and IT skills.
· Strong computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office and AutoCAD.
· Strong design skills, site development, planning, conceptual skills, legal compliance, drafting, and problem solving.
· Strong decision-making skills; using a logical approach to resolving job-related challenges.
· Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
· Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor.
· Ability to effectively communicate with others and foster productive working relationships with management, coworkers, vendors and end-users.
· Ability to interpret, comply with, and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols.
· Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities.
· Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Physical Demands With or Without Accommodation:
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time (approximately 6-8 hours)
· Ability to repeatedly stoop, kneel, reach, stand, and walk throughout an 8-10 hour shift
· Ability to lift, push, and/or pull up to 25 kg (55 lbs.)
· Ability to have clarity and sharpness of vision for activities such as preparing data, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and expansive reading
· Ability to be exposed to considerable noise from machinery
· Ability to be exposed to nutraceutical raw materials and powders
· Ability to wear PPE as required