Location(s): NM - Hobbs
Do you want to have an essential role supporting the energy infrastructure that provides power to millions of homes and businesses? Do you want to work for a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship? Consider a job at one of Xcel Energy’s power plants, and help us keep the lights on.
Standard Operations Position. Assembles, groups, and prioritizes work orders, orders materials and parts, assigns long-term and near-term schedule dates for maintenance crews, and assigns work order operations to work orders. Selects and manages contractors, assists in developing the critical path for overhauls and outages, and tracks completion. Prepares monthly maintenance and various equipment reports as required. Develops cost estimates for outages and large projects, and assists in developing plant budget. Estimates labor requirements on equipment repairs, tracks actual time spent, and effectively manages cost. Tracks backlog and maintenance re-works. Develops and implements maintenance procedures and programs.
- Plans daily and weekly maintenance work. Creates and prioritizes work orders, checks on availability of parts and materials, and develops work schedules for maintenance crews. Assigns work order operations to work orders.
- Plans and oversees overhauls and outages. Performs long term and near term outage scheduling and critical path functions to reduce the duration of planned outages. Schedules and manages contractors, orders parts, develops and updates work schedules, and tracks work completion during the overhaul/outage. Reallocates resources as needed during outages to meet business needs. Prepares final outage report.
- Owns various work processes, trending and tracking programs, administrative systems and plant systems in support of engineering.
- Prepares monthly maintenance/operations report, outage reports and various equipment reports as required. Prepares reports on maintenance back-log and equipment re-works including fuel reports, and other monthly reports as needed.
- Plans large maintenance projects. Estimates cost, required resources, and evaluates contractor proposals. Evaluates and selects contractors based on quality, timeliness and cost, as appropriate. Serves as coordinator and site contact for contractors performing work in the plant.
- Develops cost estimates for outages and large equipment repair jobs. Assists in preparing plant budget.
- Three to five years of power plant experience or equivalent experience in heavy industry.
- Formal relevant technical education and/or military/service/training may be substituted for years of experience on a one-for-one basis up to four years.
- An understanding of maintenance and operations practices and procedures is essential.
- Good communication both oral and written, leadership, human relations and technical skills are required.
- Demonstrate ability to lead people and manage projects.
- Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office. Knowledge of "Lockout/Tagout Processes".
- Experience with budgeting and cost control required.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: NM - Hobbs || NM - Hobbs || United States (US) || Operations || 11200:Cunningham || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19406
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]