Location(s): CO - Hayden
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We are looking for one or more Plant Specialist B 1st Year in Hayden, Colorado. Starting pay is $31.96 hourly.
Operates, inspects, monitors, and performs minor maintenance on Power Plant Equipment (boilers, turbines, auxiliary equipment, and other systems) as qualified and assigned. Actively participates in hands-on training, required classroom training, and computer interactive training programs to learn power plant operations. Will require the completion of all training requirements for a Plant Specialist B, including those specific to the plant at which the position is located. Performs equipment operational checks that include startup, shutdown, equipment tests, and operating adjustments. Responds to plant emergencies, unit upsets, and changing operating conditions. Assists and supports all Control Specialist, Maintenance Specialist, and/or Management as assigned. Isolates all potential power sources to achieve clearance in preparation for inspection, testing, or maintenance. Operates and performs maintenance on equipment and directs/trains others in performing these activities. Monitors and records operating conditions of equipment. Recognizes abnormal equipment operation and initiates trouble reports. Work will include rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and requires overtime.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have successfully passed the Edison Electric Institute Power Plant Maintenance and Plant Operator selection exams
- Prefer post secondary technical training in a related area
- Must have valid driver's license
- Prefer previous experience as an operator in a power plant and familiarity with power generation, but not required
- Applicant is required to successfully pass the Xcel Energy screening requirements, which include a drug test and security clearance
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds safely
- Work in inclement weather
- Must be qualified to wear all required PPE (including respirator qualified)
- Will be required to perform duties when necessary from scaffolds and catwalks in high and confined spaces
- Must be able to work overtime and various shifts as required
- Environmental Exposure
- Works around energized, rotating, vibrating, & automatic start equipment; confined spaces; heights; ladders & scaffolding; noise levels requiring hearing protection; presence of dust requiring use of respiratory protection
- Outdoor work on uneven & wet surfaces, with temperatures ranging from -20 to above 100 degrees F
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Hayden || CO - Hayden || United States (US) || Operations || 34330:Hayden Operations || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15185
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]