Knowledge of operating, testing, troubleshooting and repairing ammonia-based refrigeration systems, and HVAC, stand-alone “rack” systems, and boiler and hot water systems. Basic knowledge of General Maintenance and Electrical and Electronic Systems are also required. The associate must be able to work in a team environment, or individually with little or no supervision. Must comply with all Company SAFETY rules (LOCKOUT/TAGOUT, ETC), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), and all Process Safety Management (PSM) regulations.
- Operation, testing, troubleshooting and repair of the ammonia-based refrigeration system, its sub-systems and all ancillary processes and/or equipment related to the operation of the refrigeration system.
- Operation, testing, troubleshooting and repair of all rack-mounted, stand-alone gas refrigerant HVAC units.
- Operation, testing, troubleshooting and repair of boiler and hot water systems, their sub-systems and all ancillary equipment related to the operation of the boiler and/or hot water systems.
- Perform refrigeration, HVAC, boiler and hot water system PM's.
- Maintains the material integrity of the engine and utility rooms in accordance with established best practices.
- Rebuilds ammonia, HVAC, boiler and hot water system components in accordance with technical manuals.
- Complete all applicable documentation in performance of and as required by the job including but not limited to: PSM-related modifications or changes, Work Orders (WO's), refrigeration system operation notes, and as deemed necessary by upper management.
- Adheres to all Environmental Management Systems/ISO 14001 practices and procedures.
- Adheres to all Company policies including but not limited to: safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Actively participates in all assigned team meetings, training opportunities and designated interaction-required forums.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years dedicated ammonia-based refrigeration system operating experience and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents, such as blue prints, safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to write routine correspondence, i.e. preventative maintenance procedures, email, etc.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures, read tape measurement, and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area and machine or equipment calibration specifications.
- Ammonia refrigeration safety, cooling units, lubricants and filtration, basic refrigeration hot gas defrost, properties of refrigeration, condensers, pressure and force, compressor types and operation, and non-condensable gases and purging.
- Ammonia refrigeration in-depth knowledge of theory and practical knowledge.
This individual must be able to complete the following requirements within the first year of accepting position.
- Ammonia Refrigeration Operator I
- Ammonia Refrigeration Operator II
- Ammonia Refrigeration Operator III
- PSM/RMP, meeting OSHA Standard 29CFR 1910.119