The Power Systems Real-Time Engineer/Operator is a subject matter expert on the risks associated with real-time operation of the Bulk Electric System, as well as the application of all mandatory and enforceable reliability standards. The Power Systems Real-Time Engineer/Operator must have relevant industry experience and knowledge of real-time operations, and will provide a wide variety of analytical evaluations of technical difficulty and critical importance, and exhibit independent expertise.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or experience as a real-time power system operator. Emphasis in real-time power system transmission operations to include operational studies, real-time contingency analysis, state estimation, and implementation of operating plans.
- Experience with electric utility operations or planning is essential
- Experience managing complex projects is helpful
- Negotiation skills are desirable
- Consensus-building facilitation skills are essential
- Technical knowledge of factors involved in electric utility planning and operations. Must possess a high degree of professional competence and skill, and have an understanding of power system operation and planning principles. Must demonstrate knowledge of the electric industry, electric power generation, transmission, and power system reliability.