Principal Front End Engineer
Informatica Corporation is the worlds number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of enterprises worldwide depend on Informatica data integration, data quality, and big data solutions to access, integrate, and trust their information assets residing on premise and in the Cloud.
The Informatica Cloud team is responsible for building the leading integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) product to provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, Master Management and other Information Management solution as a service on the cloud. Thousands of customers rely on our service for moving billions of records every day.
As a software engineer of the Informatica Cloud team, you will work with a world class engineers to design and build the next generation cloud platform.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a professional software engineer with full-stack web application development experience. You have skills to create well-designed web interfaces resulting in rich, intuitive user experiences, and deliver high-quality, modular code for complex web UI components and pages.
You enjoy working on technically challenging projects. You are willing to work on many different projects, and interested in assuming various responsibilities. You are comfortable working in a fast-pace development environment, self-motivated with strong inter-personal and communication skill.
The successful candidate will be based in Redwood City, CA and will:
- Leading and driving the delivery and architecture for large functional areas
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually or with a small team
- Building interactive, responsive and scalable easy-to-use user interfaces
- Participate in feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- 8+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Hands-on experience of J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, Java SDK, REST, XML, JSON
- Experience of big data process platform, such as Hadoop or Spark, is a plus
- Strong Object Oriented Programming Skills. Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred