McDermott currently has an opening for a Principal Process Engineer for our Houston, TX location. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work independently and in a team setting within a dynamic work environment.
- Assists with training other engineers by providing instruction on new technologies and/or a specialization.
- Is an expert and looked to for technical solutions. Maintains and promotes a focus on the end product whether engineering, fabrication or construction.
- Performs detailed engineering design activities in support of very large projects in EPC phase.
- Activities will involve one or more of the following: P&ID and PFD development, Heat and Material Balances, Hydraulic Calculations, Relief Valve Sizing, Line Sizing, Pump Sizing etc..
- Maintains and promotes a focus on the end product whether engineering, fabrication or construction.
- Is able to effectively communicate technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers.
- Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines.
- Mentors junior Process Engineers and depending on size and complexity of scope of work may be assigned as the Process Engineering Lead for a project.
- Ensures effective management of change.
- Adopt and leverage Engineering Standards. Maintain or support any site specific requirements or standards.
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering required
- Minimum 15 years chemical process design experience
- 15 years detailed engineering design experience within an EPC firm
- Masters of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Texas
- Experience as an Area, Team or Project Lead
- Experience with LNG or Ethylene related projects
- Track record of successfully supporting the similar size organization and investment
- Customer focused, dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Relates well to all levels and kinds of people; able to build appropriate rapport; listens well
- Self-starter; results driven; anticipates/initiates and implements solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position is located in Houston, TXCompany Overview:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.