Req #: 1900599
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Job Category: Technical Development
Work Location: 400 Dexter Ave N. 98109
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
The primary focus of the Sr. Research Associate/Engineer I will be working as a key contributor to the development of cell therapy processes. This role will support the design and execution of development experiments enabling a deep understanding of the process and possible impacts on drug product attributes.
- Design and execute experiments using sound scientific principles to support cell therapy process development
- Perform statistical analysis on data in order to establish criticality for processes
- Presentation of experimental findings/results following study completion
- Aid in design and creation of development study plans, identifying critical process parameters and appropriate ranges for optimal experimental design of the study
- Timely and thorough documentation and completion of electronic laboratory notebooks
- Coordinate with the analytical group for timely delivery of process samples and turn-around of analytical data.
- Support and/or author technical reports detailing experimental work and summarizing conclusions
- Experience with aseptic processing of mammalian or primary cell culture in a biological safety cabinet
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects
- Able to apply engineering principles and statistical analysis, including the design of experiments, in order to provide input and guidance for the design of characterization/validation studies
- Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results-oriented, fast-paced matrix environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office products and working knowledge of statistical software (R, JMP, Minitab)
- Able to creatively manage time and elevate relevant issues to project lead and line management
- Strong scientific and technical writing and presentations
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work rotating weekend shifts
- Experience or familiarity with multicolor flow cytometry and/or bioassays
- B.S. in chemical/biological engineering, biology, or relevant scientific field and 3+ years of relevant experience in biologic process/analytical development or commercial biologic manufacturing process support
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
\"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients.\"
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.