As an innovative leader, Employer has been serving the rail industry since 1890. Through the years, our basic philosophy has reflected a deep respect for the customer, and a commitment to providing quality products at a cost-effective price. Employer's participation in ISO 9001, and our corresponding certification, echoes a company-wide spirit. From management, to administration, to engineering, to the production floor, quality is an ever-present compass.
Major responsibilities involve supporting and improving all machining and special processes. Included in these activities are programming CNC equipment, robotic deburr, Sugino wash and other new automation. Other activities to include tooling selection, fixture design, maintaining all tooling and machine programming documentation, utilize CMM equipment, new product development and design, troubleshooting machine and tooling issues, etc.
- Investigate improvements in tooling design/technology and develop new tooling vendors for continued improvement in cost, delivery and solutions.
- Establish robust and effective manufacturing processes with the appropriate measures for control, including but not limited to process capability evaluations, SPC, PFMEA's, Poke Yoke, PM's, JSA's, etc. The processes should maximize the utilization and efficiency of both capital equipment and direct labor.
- Implement and maintain Standard Work for manufacturing processes including, but not limited to, the development of the process, the output expectations and cost effective packaging.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and review training plans of operators to assure work instructions and safe methods are being followed, as well as to ensure satisfactory efficiencies. The Process Engineer will also participate in the piggy-back training and evaluation of the trainee.
- Provide shop-floor support on process and quality issues. Provide leadership in coordinating resolutions with other internal functions (Quality, SCM, Engineering, Sales etc.)
- Lead and solicit suggestions and input from all team members for continuous process improvement (Kaizen events, Hazard Traps, etc.)
- Audit work areas to sustain appropriate manufacturing methods.
- Provide design review representation for manufacturing. Review new product designs for manufacturing tooling, standards and capabilities. Recommend design changes for manufacturing and cost effectiveness in support of value engineering.
- Estimate manufacturing costs on new products. Establish and maintain time standards and standard data elements for processes and equipment.
- Participate in capital equipment procurement and justification. This would include machine tool selection.
- Investigate internal quality issues as well as customer complaints, verify root cause and implement/verify and communicate corrective actions.
- Support or assist in audit activities (internal quality, 5S, safety, customer and governing agencies, etc.) during evaluation of NYAB.
- Provide daily leadership to the shop floor. This position will assume supervisory responsibility in the absence of the production supervisor.