The candidate for this position will be working with the Technical Operations Compliance team to insure that production processes are capable of producing parts at the quality, rate and quantity required for high reliability defense electronics. You will have an opportunity to implement expanded First Article Inspections and Product/Process Validations that promote high quality and reduce both risk and equipment downtime. The Operations team at BAE Systems Greenlawn affords their staff a number of training opportunities and strives for working with other groups for continuous improvement. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other company facilities and will be involved in maintaining knowledge of industry trends for process validation schemes and tools. The Technical Operations team supports low to medium volume high mix innovative products in a modern electronics factory.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Familiar with preparation of AS9102 First Article Inspection (FAI) reports for mechanical and electrical items as well as Product/Process Validation (PPV)
- Familiar with or willing to learn AS6500 Manufacturing Management Program and AS9145 Aerospace Series Requirement for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process and AS9145 Aerospace Series Requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process.
- Experience with or interest in learning software application to translate balloon drawings, notes and bill of materials from engineering drawings to AS9102 First Article forms
- Able to read and understand electo-mechanical drawings as well as basic familiarity with IPC specifications
- Knowledge of electronics assembly manufacturing processes including soldering and mechanical assembly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools; Power Bi and Mini Tab working knowledge a plus
- An ABET accredited engineering degree in Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a related field. At least 4 years of related industry or military experience.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact for our customers and the communities we serve.