Preferred Sands is an owner-operated Industrial and Frac Sand Co. located in Sanders, AZ founded with the purpose of providing the highest quality and widest array of proppants to the oil and gas industry. We pride ourselves on having a Company culture that is an accurate reflection of our diverse employees and we are committed to being a company that every one of our people is proud to a part of. In this spirit, Preferred had adopted the belief that we are Keya Ye Bo Halnii’ (Stewards of the Land) with a steadfast responsibility to maintain harmony and balance between the Earth and its caretakers
Our dedication is to the customers to whom we serve and the communities in which we work and our individual employees, have propelled us to the forefront of the Industry. We are currently operating mines in AZ, NE, and WI.
Preferred is now hiring for a Production Manager for our mining operations at our Sanders, AZ site.
Direct, coordinate, and oversee the day to day operations of plant production to ensure quality and meet monthly production goals.
- Assist with annual budgets and recommending capital improvements and other process improvements.
- Play a key part of our management team and helping to drive daily decisions impacting the plant profitability.
- Actively manage capital, engineering, and process improvement projects
- Responsible for optimizing work assignments, managing team meetings, setting department productivity and quality goals and communicating with management to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Promote team development by building mutual trust, respect and cooperation.
- Promote and enforce company safety policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, required.
- Experience in a manufacturing, mining, or aggregate environment.
- Supervisory experience, required.
- Experience motivating, evaluating, developing and directing people.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Prior experience developing and implementing key performance indicators (KPIs) to help drive continuous improvement.
- Must have excellent computer skills and a good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience with Maximo CMMS system is also a plus.
- This facility is located within the Navajo community of Sanders and a solid understanding or working relationship with the Navajo Nation is a plus
We follow the Navajo Preference in Employment Act for our facility.