Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Because of our growth, we are seeking an experienced Program Director – Energy based in any of the following cities: Charlotte, NC, Virginia Beach, VA, or Orlando, FL.
The Program Director is responsible for operational leadership, profitable sales and growth of Woolpert’s industry-leading Energy team. Experience and established network in the Gas and Electric Utility industry, Oil and Gas industry, or renewable energy industry are preferred. Woolpert’s Energy A/E/G projects including but not limited to: Aerial imagery, remote sensing/lidar, full-service engineering (civil, structural, electrical and mechanical), Geographic information systems (GIS), surveying and more. The Program Director will identify new client opportunities, lead and facilitate the entire sales-cycle through procurement. The Program Director is a “seller-doer” that serves as Principal Consultant and Subject Matter Expert on complex, multiple cross-discipline project teams with a focus on enhancing the client’s industry-leading position within the energy sector. This is a highly-niched role which applies management solutions and consulting principles to any industry with a strong client focus.
- Develop and execute an operational business plan and business development strategy that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Identify and engage prospective new business leads to obtain master service agreements and purchase orders
- Facilitate and engage appropriate cross-functional internal and client stakeholders at various stages throughout the sales process and project execution
- Create sales opportunities and serve as the Energy Subject Matter Expert throughout the sales cycle and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) process
- Understand how to apply Engineering and Geospatial principles to the Gas and Electric Utility sector and lead communication with the client and internally with the project team
- Participate in scope meetings with clients to construct needs analysis and project definitions
- Lead and supervise the project managers on all project phases from conceptual/preliminary design, detailed design, construction, installation/start-up, commissioning and validation while assuring their quality and accuracy
- Ensure quality standards are met in accordance with the agreed scope, schedule and budget
- Actively contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Manage and support internal and client cross-functional teams
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident
- Collaborate with senior management to resolve schedule and budget problems as they arise
- Facilitate client-facing change management and provide on-going communication throughout the project
- Accountable for the successful delivery of assigned projects and manage project implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in the Sciences, Engineering or related program and a minimum of eight (8) years related experience; an MS in Engineering, Business or related field and six (6) years related experience; or twelve (12) years related experience
- Strong working knowledge of utility/energy operations, processes and business practices
- Preferred Licenses: PE
- Preferred Certifications: PMP
- Must be able to travel up to 30-40% as needed to client sites
- Prior exposure to BIM/CAD/GIS/Deltek software is a plus
- Proven track record growing an emerging business practice within an established organization
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
· Ability to provide excellent customer service
· Strong technical proficiency required, including Microsoft Office products
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
· Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
· Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, state, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering and Asset Management industries while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/2k287PI
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace.