Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Do you want to have an essential role supporting the energy infrastructure that provides power to millions of homes and businesses? Do you want to work for a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship? Consider a job at one of Xcel Energy’s power plants, and help us keep the lights on.
This position is responsible for supporting management by tracking schedule and cost and work order reporting for capital projects. Coordinates with Project Managers to obtain weekly schedule updates. Assists the Project Managers in providing more accurate forecasting of project expenditures.
- Evaluates capital projects schedules and interviews Project Managers to validate project scope inclusion in schedule. Defines critical path and validates that the project schedule is in compliance with the specific project Cost Activity Report. Provides project cost tracking and reporting to management and other project controls services as requested.
- Incorporates the six step process into all capital project schedules. Expands schedule detail as needed. Recommends resources as needed for additional project schedule and cost development.
- Demonstrates super user capabilities with the Online Project Management System. Provides Project Management with individual, plant and regional schedule reporting on a regular basis.
- Assists Project Managers and other project personnel in preparing project Cost Activity Reports, work orders and various cost analyses. Promotes Project Office concept and communicates and establishes the Project Controls function with the Project Office. Understands, demonstrates and communicates the use of Work Breakdown Structures in project cost control.
- Understands and applies project controls metrics, including but not limited to Earned Value Analysis, Cost Performance Index and Schedule Performance Index and work order completion. Provides individual and group training to project personnel regarding project controls and metrics.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction or related field (6 years related experience may be substituted for the degree)
- Experience in overall project scheduling, reporting, and project planning methods and practices
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and scheduling tools
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Operations || 31107:ES Project Controls || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16944
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]