**To apply, visit https://jobs.mdc.mo.gov and click "Job Opportunities." All applications must be submitted by December 24, 2018.
**Applications submitted through external links will not be reviewed.
To learn more about the job, feel free to contact the hiring supervisor- Jeffrey L Leftwich at [email protected] or at 573-5224115x3742.
Provide professional engineering services related to the Department’s infrastructure.
Essential Job Duties
- Collaborate on multiple projects, providing engineering expertise and schedule adherence.
- Design various types of structures.
- Prepare plans and specifications, permit applications, contracts, estimates, etc.
- Oversee and/or perform inspections, reviews, change orders, bids, etc.
- Attend various meetings.
- Work with design technicians, and hire/supervise consultants.
- Act as a subject matter and building code expert to field staff.
- Assist construction maintenance superintendents and their staff, as requested.
- Develop scopes of work and prepare and negotiate contracts.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, quality control, and business standards.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or related field.
- Four (4) years of relevant professional experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Missouri.
- Must maintain a current, valid driver’s license.
- Site, transportation, hydraulic, hydrologic and structural design experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge to prepare technical engineering reports, cost estimates and monthly contractors’ pay estimates for construction projects.
- Knowledge to prepare technical specifications.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate between engineers, contractors and contract superintendents.
- Ability to use standard business software (spreadsheet and word processing) and civil design software (AutoCad, Civil 3D, Revit, Hydrology or similar).
- Ability to define a problem, analyze relevant information, and develop solutions and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain focus and intensity, and remain optimistic and persistent even under adversity.
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with Department personnel, consulting engineers, geologist, planners and the general public.
- Ability to develop new insights into situations and apply innovative solutions that make improvements.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions with available information or knowledge within own span of authority.
- Ability to establish comprehensive and realistic plans of action to accomplish activities and evaluate progress.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Remain in a stationary position 70% or more of the time.
- Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- Frequently communicate and exchange accurate information.
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Regularly lift up to 5 pounds, correctly lift up to 10 pounds.
- Concentrated attention is required at all times.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Missouri Department of Conservation reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.
Exemption Status/Special Notes
This position has been determined to be Exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Employees must agree to accept compensatory time in lieu of cash payments in accordance with the Department's Compensatory Time Off and Overtime Policy.
Smoking is Prohibited in all owned, rented, or leased Department of Conservation offices, buildings, and similar facilities in department aircraft and in vehicles.
The department of Conservation will only hire United States citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States.
All new employees will be required to complete an "Employment Eligibility Verification" (Form I-9) and produce requested documentation after employment.
Candidates seeking initial employment or re-employment must submit to a drug screen following offer of employment.
All persons employed with the state of Missouri shall file all state income tax forms and pay all state income taxes owed.