ABOUT THE POSITION...
Our engineering team leads the industry in innovative techniques, and they know all about our “work hard, play hard” motto! A focus on coordinated, value-conscious design and continuous design-build projects all over the country has led to more than 95% of our clients becoming repeat customers. As the Regional Electrical Engineering Manager, you will directly oversee a region of innovative engineers that help make that happen, and you’ll work with clients to successfully build projects and ensure the quality of electrical documentation.
· Apply industry knowledge, and consider budget and customer needs to find the best design solution.
· Take the lead on projects and provide technical assistance during bidding, design, permitting and construction.
· Provide efficiency reviews and/or value engineering options for existing designs.
· Prepare detailed drawings/models using the application of theoretical and practical design knowledge.
· Be a leader of the construction design team, providing design direction and support to all team members.
· Accountable for Managing production budgets for project design
· QC projects throughout their life cycle.
· Communicate with clients, consultants, project personnel and inspecting authorities.
HERE'S WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR...
· P.E license required.
· 4 year Electrical/Architectural Engineering degree from ABET accredited program or equivalent required.
· Experience managing and mentoring an engineering staff.
· Knowledge and experience with electrical equipment and installation is a must.
· 10+ years of directly related experience.
· Must possess strong electrical design fundamentals, including a background and knowledge of NEC, IBC, IECC and life safety codes.
· CADD experience preferred, but not required.
· Able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid work environment.
· Must be detail-oriented and quality driven.
· Able to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and a functional level.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Demonstrate and uphold all of Power Design’s core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.