Location(s): TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
This position is responsible for supporting management by tracking schedule and cost and work order reporting for capital projects. Coordinates with Project Managers to obtain weekly schedule updates. Assists the Project Managers in providing more accurate forecasting of project expenditures.
- Evaluates capital projects schedules and interviews Project Managers to validate project scope inclusion in schedule. Defines critical path and validates that the project schedule is in compliance with the specific project Cost Activity Report. Provides project cost tracking and reporting to management and other project controls services as requested.
- Incorporates the six step process into all capital project schedules. Expands schedule detail as needed. Recommends resources as needed for additional project schedule and cost development.
- Demonstrates super user capabilities with the Online Project Management System. Provides Project Management with individual, plant and regional schedule reporting on a regular basis.
- Assists Project Managers and other project personnel in preparing project Cost Activity Reports, work orders and various cost analyses. Promotes Project Office concept and communicates and establishes the Project Controls function with the Project Office. Understands, demonstrates and communicates the use of Work Breakdown Structures in project cost control.
- Understands and applies project controls metrics, including but not limited to Earned Value Analysis, Cost Performance Index and Schedule Performance Index and work order completion. Provides individual and group training to project personnel regarding project controls and metrics.
Requirements for Project Control Specialist
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction or related field (6 years related experience may be substituted for the degree)
- Experience in overall project scheduling, reporting, and project planning methods and practices
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and scheduling tools
May hire at a higher level depending on experiece/skills etc.
Requirements for II•BS/BA Degree in Construction Management, Business, Finance or technical field (or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge) and relevant experience with project planning, cost estimating, scheduling, forecasting and financial analysis.
•Minimum of five (5) years related project controls experience.
•Practical knowledge of overall project control, estimating, and reporting methods.
Expert level knowledge of one or highly proficient in both:
• Cost control for application in project cost estimating, organization, and control.
• Scheduling for project planning and monitoring/control methods and practices.
•Comprehensive understanding of company policies, procedures and financial obligations that would apply to projects. Proficient in standard server software applications such as e-mail, spreadsheet, word processing, database, as well as scheduling and cost estimating software applications.
•Past experience with Enterprise based scheduling tool, Project & Portfolio Management tool, Business Objects and SAP software programs is desirable.
Professional certification through PMI, ASCE, or other accredited organization.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Operations || 31107:ES Project Controls || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18372
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]