SUMMARY Primary duty is to coordinate the Safety and EMC approvals of Andis products to North American and International product safety standards and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
• Upholds Andis Core Values of Excellence, Integrity and Respect in all work-related activities.
• Advise Project Leaders, Engineers, other Team members and Executive leadership regarding safety and regulatory requirements including but not limited to needed tests and product construction criteria.
Recommend product design changes/ improvements to comply with latest safety standards/ regulations.
• Coordinate all aspects of 3rd party laboratory product safety certification and EMC testing for Andis products sold worldwide. This could include performing/ supervising testing of samples, review test data and preparation/submittal of the product certification package
• Ability to evaluate information and provide an opinion related to the safety of a design, new concept, or product
• Review and provide feedback for user instruction manuals, product packaging and product markings.
• Be fluent in the latest industry safety standards (UL, CSA, IEC, etc.), and regulations (UN38.3, REACH, RoHS, DOE, etc.). When requirements are not clear, research or obtain an interpretation from the appropriate regulatory body.
• Provide support for factory inspections/ safety certificate audits.
• Maintain the Andis Regulatory data base.
A full job description can be found on our website: www.andis.com/careers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor of Science in an Engineering/ Technical Discipline; or a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
• Ability to successfully schedule multiple projects with close attention to detail.
• Working proficiency in Microsoft Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook. Knowledge of AS400 helpful.
• Domestic and international travel as needed.
CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES
• Professional Engineer License is a plus.
Andis is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Disabilities.