The Requirements Engineer / Requirements Analyst has the primary responsibility to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of the stakeholders, including customers and end users. The requirements engineer serves as the conduit between the customer community and the software development and engineering team through which requirements flow.
The main tasks are:
- Work with the project manager, product manager, Chief Software Architect, Business Development and/or project sponsor (Executive Board) to document the product’s vision and the project’s scope.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely (including e.g. specifications of stories, backlog items/EPIC, Customer Journeys).
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality
- Evaluate (together with Chief Software Architect, Head of Development, Business Development and Executive Board) incoming requirements, determine approaches, priorities, most suitable tools, and partner with developers to see the requirement through to implementation
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
- Lead many testing efforts for assigned software development and maintenance projects within the organization as part of a defined software development life cycle
- Propose new product features and updates
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent technical work experience
- 5+ years of experience in working with stakeholders to discuss, collect, rework, and document requirements for new IT systems/solutions
- Experience with scheduling and prioritizing software capabilities
- Experience in retail, fuel and/or hospitality industry
- Ability to work collaboratively with engineering and development teams to describe needed capabilities and provide implementation-ready requirements
- Ability to iteratively review and provide feedback on developed or configured capabilities, always working to ensure that stakeholders interests and needs are being satisfied and balanced against the priorities and constraints of technology requirements and business objectives
- Ability to develop a comprehension of required technical capabilities and how various systems will be ultimately be used to accomplish the organization's mission
- Languages: English, every other language is a plus
CiRRUSOFT offers its own business solution for the Point-of-Service to customers in the industries RETAIL, FUEL and HOSPITALITY. The solution called CIRRUS is ONE scalable and highly modular software and is a pure CLOUD-based solution. The variety of functions and features range from merchandise and branch management to classical point-of-sale applications and a various number of specific industry solutions like forecourt server, textile, self-checkout, self-ordering, table management, etc.
CiRRUSOFT is part of the Lantzerath-Group. The Lantzerath-Group, founded over “Half Century” ago, is a European market segment leader doing business with own affiliates or through its solution partner network in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxemburg, Sweden, Poland and in the USA (Palo Alto, Silicon Valley).
CiRRUSOFT is bringing together the best of both worlds – America and Europe.