Construction Control Services is searching for a Resident or Senior Resident Engineer to support the design and construction part of a tunnel extension and new crossover switch, to the existing Plane Train People Mover at the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. This is a full-time position with benefits. Relocation Assistance (if required) and/or incentives may be offered for the right individual
The Resident Engineer will provide direction to administer a critical component of the Airport capital improvement program. Specifically, the Resident Engineer will oversee the construction processes for the “Plane Train Turnback” project.
This project is an extension of the underground automated people mover (APM) 600 +/- feet to the west underneath the airport domestic terminal, Lite Rail station and the car train station and will end near the location of the new hotel. This is to provide more space for quick turnaround of the APM cars as they switch from east-west travel to west-east travel.
The Resident Engineer will communicate effectively across multi-disciplined groups, creating, and managing construction management procedures and processes for the program. The Resident Engineer will be versatile and have an ability to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments and have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
1. BS Degree in Engineering (Civil preferred).
2. Must have experience performing the engineering tasks listed above for an aviation program or a program similar in scope, size and complexity.
3. Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the administration of construction contracts and in the inspection of construction work in the field, specifically in the areas of blasting, deep excavation, tunnel construction.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of Progressive Design-Build contracts and their execution.
5. Knowledge of and experience in reviewing and understanding a contractor’s Safety Plan and QA/QC Plan. Must also have experience in reviewing and overseeing a Document Control Plan, and development/utilization of a Project Procedures Manual.
6. Previous experience directing, coordinating, and supervising a CM field staff including multiple Assistant Resident Engineers, Office Engineers, Project Control Manager, Contracts/Procurement Manager, QA/QC Manager and multiple field inspectors.
7. Knowledge of scheduling, spreadsheet, document, and database software (such as PMWeb, P6, Microsoft Office package, and others).
8. Registered Professional Engineer; or Certified Construction Manager (or mitigating experience)
9. Safety Training (minimum OSHA 10 Hour)
10. Must be flexible, when needed, to work in compliance with construction schedule; which may include evenings and weekends.
11. Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time, as well as lift a minimum of 25 lbs.