Resource Center Engineer 3 - FIELD
Engineering; Vancouver, WA
Posting # 50227344
April 14, 2017
NW Natural offers a Resource Center Engineer 3 - FIELD opportunity to interested applicants. The following is a summary of the position specifics.
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for the design engineering, planning and coordination of system improvement and replacement projects in the distribution and transmission systems within defined areas of the NW Natural service territory. Coordinate work with other engineers and departments to ensure continuity of service and fulfillment of installation commitments, cost objectives, governmental requirements, and safety and engineering standards.
Position Essential Functions:
• Provides design engineering, planning, coordination, and monitoring of large construction jobs. Provides on-site procedures to ensure safe and efficient work methods are used. Provides cost analysis of alternatives to determine cost effective installation practices.
• Plans and coordinates crew and equipment resources to ensure installations are timely and within budget.
• Maintains ongoing communication with local and state permit and regulatory agencies and contractors to protect the Company’s interest and coordinate construction activities. Responds to a variety of inquiries/concerns from customer, Company personnel or the general public; resolves by coordinating necessary resources.
• Reviews and approves construction drawings within the territory to ensure engineering standards are followed. Coordinates with office and field personnel to optimize the use of resources.
• Develops new construction techniques and procedures to enhance field operations. Evaluates new tools and equipment.
• Participates in investigations of damage to the systems and reports findings to other departments.
• Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
• Participate as a subject matter expert for external audit preparation, data gathering in order to demonstrate compliance.
• Adheres to and promotes the philosophies and directives of the collective bargaining agreement.
• Develops, trains, and mentors individual and team members with documentation and ongoing performance feedback; recognizes accomplishments and provides cross-training opportunities when applicable.
• Demonstrates appropriate leadership and decision-making behaviors; maintains technical job knowledge and personal skill development. Committed to coaching and developing employees.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical, civil or gas engineering or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
• 7+ years of experience in construction-related work or utility construction/installation including a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role.
• Demonstrated experience in a leadership role overseeing direct reports and coordinating multiple functions to complete projects.
• Ability to plan and effectively manage a wide variety of construction projects.
• Demonstrated skill in organizing multiple tasks and managing time effectively to meet deadlines and balance priorities.
• Knowledge and experience in the application of the following: federal pipeline safety rules, American Public Works Association, construction standards, and OSHA regulations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees, government representatives and contractor personnel on technical matters governing construction projects.
• Ability to analyze budget reports and construction summaries.
• Ability to develop new construction approaches and procedures.
• Ability to visit and access construction and other worksite locations as required.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record. Must obtain a valid Oregon/Washington driver's license within 90 days if current valid license is from another state.
• Subject to random drug testing.
Salary Range: $89,200– $109,250- $129,350 (Grade 22) depending on qualifications
Application Process: To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Applications will be reviewed once application deadline has passed.
Deadline: April 28, 2017
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.